Fedor to fight June 26

russian rocket

Gah I get tired of hearing about Fedor, he needs to come to the UFC and get destroyed by Lesnar just so the nutswingers that have only watched youtube highlights can finally jump off his sack.

QFT

fedor needs to realize he isnt shit until he's in the UFC.

Tired of seeing "the best heavywieght MMA fighter today" fight a bunch of dudes past thier prime or never had a prime to begin with. Beating up fighters that sucked thier way out of the UFC doesn't prove anything.

Gah I get tired of hearing about Fedor, he needs to come to the UFC and get destroyed by Lesnar just so the nutswingers that have only watched youtube highlights can finally jump off his sack.

so your a proclaimed lesnar nut swinger then??

so your a proclaimed lesnar nut swinger then??

I am! However I have watched every fight he's been in live instead of youtube clips like most Fedor "fans". Also who of relivance has Fedor fought in the last 5 fights? Arlovski? Sylvia? Arlovski is nowhere near what he used to be, for fucks sake he is fighting bullies on MTV.

I am not taking anything away from Fedor because I do feel he is a good fighter, I just don't think he is the best in the world. Now if he were to goto UFC and destroy every heavyweight there then maybe I would change my tune a little.

Once again Fedor struggled with a light heavyweight Babalu who got knocked out by Liddell twice. So i honestly think Fedor would lose to atleast half of the LHW in the UFC

your comparing fedors skills from 9 years ago to todays fighters?

btw, fedor dominated that whole entire fight, also that fight did not allow ground punches if you werent aware of that....

was respectable, now all he does is dodge real competitors and fights shitbums for the $$$

he just fought rogers, rogers isnt some shitbum or atleast i dont think he is. even though rogers just lost to overeem, he still has the build of lesnar.

he just fought rogers, rogers isnt some shitbum or atleast i dont think he is. even though rogers just lost to overeem, he still has the build of lesnar.

He just fought Rogers and almost lost in the first round. The current strikefarce champ destroyed Rogers in the first round. IF Fedor fights Overheem he will not beat him.

Rogers = Lesnar? Dude you need to put down the Fedor crackpipe! Fedor might have been good in his prime but he has not fought a single quality oppenent since Big Nog back in the days of Pride.

I talked with Don Frye about this at the Arnold and he said that Fedor would not stand a chance against the top 3 heavyweights in the UFC and he might have trouble with Dos Santos. I am pretty sure Don Frye is a good source...

He just fought Rogers and almost lost in the first round. The current strikefarce champ destroyed Rogers in the first round. IF Fedor fights Overheem he will not beat him.

Rogers = Lesnar? Dude you need to put down the Fedor crackpipe! Fedor might have been good in his prime but he has not fought a single quality oppenent since Big Nog back in the days of Pride.

I talked with Don Frye about this at the Arnold and he said that Fedor would not stand a chance against the top 3 heavyweights in the UFC and he might have trouble with Dos Santos. I am pretty sure Don Frye is a good source...

no.....i didnt say rogers = lesnar, i said rogers has the same build as lesnar, which he does. both weigh in at 265, rogers 6'4" and lesnar 6'3" and both built like tanks.

also since when is a personal opinion considered a good source. i dont care who said it, its still a personal opinion.

carwin will be the undisputed HW champion for quite some time.... Lesnar hasnt fought anyone with the strength, agility, speed, and power of Carwin. And fedor cant compete with any wrestler, hes like a fish out of water on his back. I think fedor is getting too old to compete in HW in UFC, He is/was a legend, but his time is passing.....

no.....i didnt say rogers = lesnar, i said rogers has the same build as lesnar, which he does. both weigh in at 265, rogers 6'4" and lesnar 6'3" and both built like tanks.

also since when is a personal opinion considered a good source. i dont care who said it, its still a personal opinion.

EL OH EL! You really don't know much about the history of MMA do you? Don Fry is one of the best fighters ever. One of the first UFC champs and has fought all over the world. His opinion on a fighter is right up there with lets say Jimmy Johnson's opinion on a football player.

I just saw the rogers overeem fight and the only thing similar between rogers and lesnar might be teh weight number. rogers is very fat and very slow, if anybody in strikeforce was close to lesnar size it would be overheem.

Fedor will fight one more time in strikeforce and then he will be back in Japan so he can keep avoiding quality oppoents. Hell Kimbo just got cut by the UFC maybe he can fight him next?

Everytime I see that whole greatest heavyweight thing I laugh. They had an article in Fight about fedor and listed his oppenents and there are not a ton of quality wins and even less in the past few years. I am more impressed with his sambo wins than his garbage mma record.

EL OH EL! You really don't know much about the history of MMA do you? Don Fry is one of the best fighters ever. One of the first UFC champs and has fought all over the world. His opinion on a fighter is right up there with lets say Jimmy Johnson's opinion on a football player.

I just saw the rogers overeem fight and the only thing similar between rogers and lesnar might be teh weight number. rogers is very fat and very slow, if anybody in strikeforce was close to lesnar size it would be overheem.

Fedor will fight one more time in strikeforce and then he will be back in Japan so he can keep avoiding quality oppoents. Hell Kimbo just got cut by the UFC maybe he can fight him next?

Everytime I see that whole greatest heavyweight thing I laugh. They had an article in Fight about fedor and listed his oppenents and there are not a ton of quality wins and even less in the past few years. I am more impressed with his sambo wins than his garbage mma record.

Just thought I'd point out that you're waxing on about Fedor and his lack of quality opponents and skill, yet you ride Lesnar into the sunset... :confused:

:D

Just thought I'd point out that you're waxing on about Fedor and his lack of quality opponents and skill, yet you ride Lesnar into the sunset... :confused:

Lesnar has fought and beaten Mir and Coture...those 2 alone are better wins then anyone Fedor has beaten his last 5. Lesnar really should be 2-0 against Mir, but shit happens. I would really love to see Fedor vs Lesnar just so this debate can die, it reminds me of the Kimbo vs Lesnar debate that was around til Kimbo was exposed and then released.

When was the last time Fedor faced anybody that was a legit top 10 heavy? Lesnar's lack of quality win would be Herring but he took apart Randy and Frank.

You can say the same thing about Shane Carwin and yet he gets a title shot.

Bottom line: Fedor a good fighter? Yes but he is passed his prime and M-1 pretty much picks who he fights to line their pockets.

Lesnar: Thrown in the tank, swam to the top and now is feeding on the UFC heavyweight division where the better fighters are.

Now I am not a Lesnar fanboi I think that Cain will be a much tougher test than Carwin, if Lesnar makes it past him. Dos Santos is also very good but undersized to really give Lesnar a hard time.

Don Fry is one of the best fighters ever.

so in your opinion Don Fry is one of the best fighters ever but his track record is worse than Fedors. Also Don Fry lost twice to Mark Coleman who Fedor beat twice, first fight ended in the first and second fight ended in the second...

so in your opinion Don Fry is one of the best fighters ever but his track record is worse than Fedors. Also Don Fry lost twice to Mark Coleman who Fedor beat twice, first fight ended in the first and second fight ended in the second...

Not just my opinion but twist it how you will. This is not boxing records do not tell the whole store either. Look at Royce Gracie, GSP or BJ Penn, They do not have great records but are some of the best fighters in the world now, in the past, or continue to be. You are really showing that you don't know a ton about the history of MMA or really fighting in general.

Oh and yes you are correct Coleman did beat Fry, and if you watch that fight it is because Coleman is bigger, stronger, and a better wrestler.

Fedor beat Coleman based on how most others did, use his one dimensional fighting style against him. If you want to take it a step further watch the second fight really close and you will see Fedor caught him in that arm bar right before he got ground and pounded out.

So what this comes down to is you thing Fedor is the best and I do not agree. If you do research on this a good chunk of the MMA media and experts also see cracks in his game and the fact he dodges fights.