Fedor to fight June 26

russian rocket

Not just my opinion but twist it how you will. This is not boxing records do not tell the whole store either. Look at Royce Gracie, GSP or BJ Penn, They do not have great records but are some of the best fighters in the world now, in the past, or continue to be. You are really showing that you don't know a ton about the history of MMA or really fighting in general.

Oh and yes you are correct Coleman did beat Fry, and if you watch that fight it is because Coleman is bigger, stronger, and a better wrestler.

Fedor beat Coleman based on how most others did, use his one dimensional fighting style against him. If you want to take it a step further watch the second fight really close and you will see Fedor caught him in that arm bar right before he got ground and pounded out.

So what this comes down to is you thing Fedor is the best and I do not agree. If you do research on this a good chunk of the MMA media and experts also see cracks in his game and the fact he dodges fights.

I admit that i do not know a lot of about MMA history, in fact i dont even know many of the fighters in the ufc. but the fighters that i do pay attention to like fedor, lesnar, carwin and a couple others, i take some time and do some research on them.

im sorry are you referring to this fight? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prVTf-kij28

where fedor made coleman his bitch the WHOLE entire fight? coleman was not even once dominant except for roughly 5 seconds before he got arm bared.

I admit that i do not know a lot of about MMA history, in fact i dont even know many of the fighters in the ufc. but the fighters that i do pay attention to like fedor, lesnar, carwin and a couple others, i take some time and do some research on them.

im sorry are you referring to this fight? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prVTf-kij28

where fedor made coleman his bitch the WHOLE entire fight? coleman was not even once dominant except for roughly 5 seconds before he got arm bared.

You should also look at a few other fighters from the PRIDE days that are pretty kick ass. Guys like wanderlei silva, Shogun Rua (last good PRIDE fighter in UFC), Quinton Jackson, Chuck Lidell ( you will see why he is punch drunk now), Big Nog.

PRIDE was what the UFC should become.

As for the Coleman vs Fedor fight there is a whole lot more than than you think as far as that fight goes. Coleman is another great fighter and that should be a positive on Fedor's fight resume. Not many people have been able to survive a Mark Coleman ground and pound. If you get a chance look up Coleman's fights when he won the PRIDE open weight tourny. Lot of good fighters in that tourny.

Side note Coleman has always been one of my favorites and I have been lucky to meet him a couple of times, get to talk with him, and see him workout at the Urban Active in Hilliard. It sucks the UFC would not give him a shot at Tito but I guess when you are paying Tito all that money you can't let him get beat by an old man :)

Lesnar has fought and beaten Mir and Coture...those 2 alone are better wins then anyone Fedor has beaten his last 5. Lesnar really should be 2-0 against Mir, but shit happens. I would really love to see Fedor vs Lesnar just so this debate can die, it reminds me of the Kimbo vs Lesnar debate that was around til Kimbo was exposed and then released.

I liked Kimbo as an exciting street fighter. I've seen two other street fights he was in where they were allowed to grapple. He lost both of those and his "boys" bitched the entire time about the wrestling. He's never had a chance against the likes of Fedor, Lesnar, etc. I would still pick Fedor over Lesnar. Too much experience, even against big men. Fedor always "finds" a way.

When was the last time Fedor faced anybody that was a legit top 10 heavy? Lesnar's lack of quality win would be Herring but he took apart Randy and Frank.

You can say the same thing about Shane Carwin and yet he gets a title shot.

Bottom line: Fedor a good fighter? Yes but he is passed his prime and M-1 pretty much picks who he fights to line their pockets.

Lesnar: Thrown in the tank, swam to the top and now is feeding on the UFC heavyweight division where the better fighters are.

Now I am not a Lesnar fanboi I think that Cain will be a much tougher test than Carwin, if Lesnar makes it past him. Dos Santos is also very good but undersized to really give Lesnar a hard time.

I do agree with you on a few things. He has lacked some quality fights lately. His f'n team there controls every damn thing. And I think everyone knows the shit they're pulling. Hell, even fighting Fabricio isn't a big deal, imo. Not that he's not good, I just don't see him beating Fedor. I do think they're picking and choosing and it's pissing me off, too, though I understand it. They're marketing the hell out of him but if they don't get off their asses soon, they're going to have the exact opposite affect on Fedor they're going for now. Hell, it's already having an affect. Example: This thread. ;)

I liked Kimbo as an exciting street fighter. I've seen two other street fights he was in where they were allowed to grapple. He lost both of those and his "boys" bitched the entire time about the wrestling. He's never had a chance against the likes of Fedor, Lesnar, etc. I would still pick Fedor over Lesnar. Too much experience, even against big men. Fedor always "finds" a way.

I do agree with you on a few things. He has lacked some quality fights lately. His f'n team there controls every damn thing. And I think everyone knows the shit they're pulling. Hell, even fighting Fabricio isn't a big deal, imo. Not that he's not good, I just don't see him beating Fedor. I do think they're picking and choosing and it's pissing me off, too, though I understand it. They're marketing the hell out of him but if they don't get off their asses soon, they're going to have the exact opposite affect on Fedor they're going for now. Hell, it's already having an affect. Example: This thread. ;)

M-1 Global reminds me of the brothers off of Step Brothers for some reason. They think they are slick, but they are not. M-1 better make their money now because when Fedor gets that first loss he will be worth a quarter of what he is now.

Now as far as Fedor finding a way to win, he does and seems to be very lucky. Hell Kevin Randleman spiked him off his head from low orbit and somehow he did not get knocked out. I will give him respect for the way he somehow pulls a bottle of win out of his ass.

BUT

That has not been against this new breed of heavy weights. The top 3 in the UFC would give him problems, due to their size AND quickness. Back in the glory days of PRIDE the heavys were big, slow, and powerful or built more around the 220 to 245 range.

Now you have heavys that are 260 plus AND move like a middleweight.

You should also look at a few other fighters from the PRIDE days that are pretty kick ass. Guys like wanderlei silva, Shogun Rua (last good PRIDE fighter in UFC), Quinton Jackson, Chuck Lidell ( you will see why he is punch drunk now), Big Nog.

PRIDE was what the UFC should become.

As for the Coleman vs Fedor fight there is a whole lot more than than you think as far as that fight goes. Coleman is another great fighter and that should be a positive on Fedor's fight resume. Not many people have been able to survive a Mark Coleman ground and pound. If you get a chance look up Coleman's fights when he won the PRIDE open weight tourny. Lot of good fighters in that tourny.

Side note Coleman has always been one of my favorites and I have been lucky to meet him a couple of times, get to talk with him, and see him workout at the Urban Active in Hilliard. It sucks the UFC would not give him a shot at Tito but I guess when you are paying Tito all that money you can't let him get beat by an old man :)

lol this is great

lol this is great

Don Fry is fucking crazy, but in a good way. He was really cool to talk with and very nice. Listening to him and Mark Coleman talk about the old days at the UFC meet and greet two years ago was pretty cool.

Check out his fight in PRIDE when him and some Japanese guy just stand there, hold each other by the back of the head and beat each other in the face.

Fedor will not get any respect untill he fights in the UFC. He was great in Pride, but that seems so long ago. He needs to quit fighting these overhyped crapy fighters in these lower quality venues. He feels safe there, and thats why he does it. Sure money and a safe win means more than embaresment. Strikeforce is full with UFC washouts and fighters that just dont cut it to be in the UFC. Lets face it, UFC is THE place to be if you are a good fighter.

lol this is great

Frye's hilarious. I love Inside MMA, too. Bas cracks me up.

hey just curious but who actually wins here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm9APLkGy7M

Shit, not only did I see and read about that before, I saw that episode of Inside MMA and I still dont remember how that went.