has anyone here upgraded their ps3 hd?

SinisterSS

I'm looking at buying a 1TB HD for my ps3 since my 80g is full, has anyone upgraded their memory and if so any issues I should know about before I buy it? also does anyone know of any programs to remove copy protection on DLC not disc based content? Thanks

You can backup your HDD before upgrading it, theres an option to do it onto an external HDD.

The upgrade processes itself is stupid easy, take minutes.

Also, storage =/= memory.

so when I back up my HDD what do I back it up to laptop? I can use my g/f ps3 if needed, but the copy protection thing was for all the DLC stuff for my psp, I bought a bunch of those $150 psn accounts off ebay for $20.00 ea, and the catch is you can't delete the new user account, I downloaded 10 psp games, they all worked until I put them all on one memory stick now none of them work because of the copy protection

damn now I have to find my external hd I packed away somewhere, someone told me I can use another ps3 and move everything over to it, but the issue I'm uncertain about is when I do that will the copy protection crap kick in and not allow the DLC to open? I downloaded a ton of movies

I upgraded my PS3 HD, and it was super easy, backup and all, the only issue I ran into was that the PS3 can only read/write to fat32 and not NTFS, so I had to partition off a chunk of space and format it to fat32.

I can't really speak on the stuff you downloaded as I've never dealt with that stuff before, but seeing as how you're backing up everything first, I'm not sure why you would lose everything.

I upgraded my PS3 HD, and it was super easy, backup and all, the only issue I ran into was that the PS3 can only read/write to fat32 and not NTFS, so I had to partition off a chunk of space and format it to fat32.

I can't really speak on the stuff you downloaded as I've never dealt with that stuff before, but seeing as how you're backing up everything first, I'm not sure why you would lose everything.

what size HD did you install, and was the issue with the HD you installed or the PS3 in general?

to answer the 2nd part: the copy protection on the DLC that's not under my name, when you buy one of those accounts and spend the money the account gets suspended, after that getting to re-download it from the network is immpossible, If I have to loose it then oh well, but dammit I'm gonna figure out how to get around it.

I installed a 250GB, the issue wasn't with the drive I installed in the PS3 as it autoformats that drive, my issue was with the drive I was using to backup the OEM drive. It was not formatted correctly. Once that was corrected, the backup and install was cake.