College Football - 2010

Dr. Pomade

Yeah I've read that a lot of people think Hazell might be a better HC candidate than Fickell down the road because of the "it" factor. Fickell has been great for us in his role but it's odd that he hasn't been grabbed yet by a MAC school (like Akron last year).

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the thing I find funny is people questioning how our offense will be without Hazell. Nothings going to change, Tress is still the OC lol. I really wish Tress would hire an offensive coordinator and qb coach though, plus a new line coach would be icing on the cake

Well Hazell did have a lot of influence at one point last season. Then we lost to Purdue and his influence was pulled back a bit. The current offense is definitely a mix of Bollman, Hazell and Tressel though.

As far as wanting new coaches, I like the guys we have. Siciliano has done a pretty damn good job with Pryor considering how much of a project he was. Brewster is going to be the 1st center drafted either in the upcoming draft or the next one thanks to Bollman (and we wouldn't have Brewster or Shugarts or a lot of the 2008 class without Bollman). There is an opening on the offensive staff now though but it's probably going to be filled by current WR coach at Rutgers PJ Fleck. Played at Northern Illinois then for the 49ers for a bit then got into coaching as a grad assistant at OSU, was hired as an assistant at Northern Illinois then moved on to Rutgers.

I also like the guy lined up to be our next OL coach when Bollman does retire, Keith Uecker. Was an All-American OL at Auburn in the 80's then played in the NFL for 10 years. Currently our "offensive quality control" coordinator (position held by Siciliano before Joe Daniels had to step aside for health reasons).

Uh Oh NCAA and OSU investigation into whether PRYOR, POSEY, and HERON exchanged signed memorabilia for tattoos. Looking like if they did, they get to miss the Sugarbowl. :eek:

ESPN is always on a witch hunt to get OSU. So they will blow stuff out of proportion. So lets see what happens.

The responsible reporters/anchors at ESPN know, and even stated, that NO NAMES have been put out there officially. The only jackass at ESPN who named names? None other than Herbie. Biggest faggot ever. Apparently he named at least one person who is 100% innocent in all of this and it's going to cost him in the OSU community (where he isn't very well liked to begin with).

And the worst case scenario here is very, very bad. From what I've heard the worst case scenario (remember, this is the absolute worst case scenario and nothing is official yet) is that several juniors end up being suspended for as many as 4 games NEXT season. If some of these kids end up with that being the case (or even think it's a possibility) they will leave for the NFL. So what could happen ranges all the way from nothing to pretty much removing ourselves from national title contention next season. Most people believe no one will be suspended for the Sugar Bowl because this stuff really is just coming up and there isn't enough time to thoroughly investigate and determine if a player really deserves to be suspended yet or not.

97.1 The Fan in Columbus just reported that Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams (and maybe some others) will be eligible for the Sugar Bowl but must sit out the first 5 games next season and must contribute the value of services/goods received at a discount to a charity.

EDIT: Thomas is the other player suspended the first 5 games next year.

boom already filled paperwork to see where his draft stock was at, say good bye to him now.

Same thing with Posey, Pryor and Adams they are gone unfortunately. I figured 2012 would be a rough year, never thought 2011 would be. I think 5 games is a little extreme, but it is what it is.

Apparently OSU is appealing the suspensions, we'll see what happens.

Whats kinda sickening to me is that the current Heisman trophy winner's father actively solicited and probably rec'd almost $200,000 to make his son commit to a certain school, and the NCAA (or possibly the school, I'm not sure who is actually doing the investigating) think that that is ok, but this warrants a 5 GAME SUSPENSION. Major college athletics has become so disgusting.

Also, I guess I need to be made to understand how selling something that was given to you is any kind of violation or problem. It is a capitalist society, correct? I should be able to seel anything in my posession that I own for any price that any other party is willing to pay for it. I mean, those awards and such were the property of the players, not the university. This is really, really dumb.

That being said, I think it was pretty stupid of our players to sell those things. I guess maybe I am different because I am not in their position, but it would be unconscionable for me to want to sell a set of gold pants or Big Ten Championship ring.

Umm they are being suspended for selling Big10 Championship rings, The gold pants you get for beating michigan, autographed gloves ect. AJ Green from Georgia got suspended 4 games this year for selling autographed jerseys.

I think the 5 that got busted will declare for the draft

sad that (some) of these guys will likely soon earn millions of dollars, yet they sold symbols of their extreme dedication and hard work for $1-2k. that's the biggest problem i have. do i morally see a problem with them getting discounted tatoos for signing an autograph??--no. but selling your big ten championship ring?? selling an award?? they should know better at this point. idiots.

and i agree that the NCAA needs equal enforcement---cam newton is as guilty as the day is long.

Is there an appeals process or is this it?

Theres a process and Gene Smith said in the press conference that they plan to start the paperwork. With that said Georgia did the same thing for AJ Green and yet he still had to serve his 5 game suspension. That situation is bullshit to compared to this one, he was in contact with an agent which is a huge no no, these kids sold stuff to a tattoo artist for money off his work.

Green served 4 games. We will probably get the 5 taken down to 4. So far Posey (from a very poor family - you can see in the amount he has to repay that he only got $50 worth of tattoo work done, cheapest of everyone involved - the rest went to his mom) looks most likely to go. It's very early and they have until Sunday to really, really think this over with family (Sunday the whole team gets back together - that should be real fun) but it looks like everyone is going to stay unless Posey feels he needs to go.

Only losable game in the first 4 (if the suspensions are reduced to 4) is Miami. I say we just run the ball 50 times. Split them out between Roderick Smith, Jordan Hall, Jaamal Berry and Carlos Hyde. Then everyone is back for the Michigan State game and these kids take out their frustrations on the rest of the Big 10.

Green served 4 games. We will probably get the 5 taken down to 4. So far Posey (from a very poor family - you can see in the amount he has to repay that he only got $50 worth of tattoo work done, cheapest of everyone involved - the rest went to his mom) looks most likely to go. It's very early and they have until Sunday to really, really think this over with family (Sunday the whole team gets back together - that should be real fun) but it looks like everyone is going to stay unless Posey feels he needs to go.

Only losable game in the first 4 (if the suspensions are reduced to 4) is Miami. I say we just run the ball 50 times. Split them out between Roderick Smith, Jordan Hall, Jaamal Berry and Carlos Hyde. Then everyone is back for the Michigan State game and these kids take out their frustrations on the rest of the Big 10.

Exactly, it isnt like the first 4-5 games are murderous. They are very winable, just on athletic ability alone OSU should win them. I also agree that in order to win those games the gameplan is simple, run the ball, play solid D and make every kick count! I refuse to get back on bucknuts after the shit I read on there earlier. You would think these kids commited murder for fucks sake.

The thing is, we could lose those first 4 games (absolutely not going to happen, but hypothetically) and when the suspended players come back they will be looking at 10 games to play still. 8 conference games, 1st Big 10 conference championship game ever and a bowl game. It stays at 5 and that Michigan State game could be a little iffy as good as they were this season. Then coming back for the first game AT Nebraska would not be easy. Just gotta hope it gets taken down to 4.

And I love how faggots like Mark May and a bunch of SEC fans are bashing OSU for letting the kids play in the Sugar Bowl. IT WASN'T OUR DECISION. The NCAA and the BCS people would never let these kids be kept out of the game just weeks before it's set to happen. They'd lose too much money. It would be BETTER for us if the kids were suspended for the Sugar Bowl because that game doesn't really mean that much. We would be able to get 1 game of the suspension out of the way right now and these kids miss 3-4 games MAX next season leaving 10 or 11 for the kids coming back to play.

Right now the feeling is that everyone is coming back (as good as Boom has been this season, he was the worst offender in all of this and I hope he doesn't) because the 2008 kids especially do not want this to be their final chapter.

I loved Posey's mom coming out today and bashing the NCAA for this. She's a widowed mother of 4 and her son sold things that belonged to him to help his family (either by lowering the amount of money she had to put out for him herself or actually getting the money to her). The quote she has in the article sums it all up... "Nobody told them it 'almost belongs to you.' It belonged to them."

Fuck Mark May, that whiny bitch. What about Cam, Mark ? Somehow forgetting his paid for, ineligible ass is in an SEC school, and that the NCAA turned a blind fucking eye and is allowing him to play in a much more important game ? The god damn national championship.

Fuck Mark May, that whiny bitch. What about Cam, Mark ? Somehow forgetting his paid for, ineligible ass is in an SEC school, and that the NCAA turned a blind fucking eye and is allowing him to play in a much more important game ? The god damn national championship.

Mark may can suck a load. I agree with you rob. Complete bullshit

Mark May has an absolute hatred for tOSU. ESPN really needs to do something about it, they don't allow Herbie to be bias'd towards OSU. Yet they let fat fuck Mark May talk all the shit he wants. Apparently he is still salty from the 72-0 ass beating Ohio State gave Pitt in 95 (I believe it was 95).

Just read a rumor on bucknuts, take it for what its worth now, Tressell to step down. The guy that is reporting it, was also the first person to report players were going to be suspended. He posted that a couple days before it came out and got absolutely trashed on, then it comes out and everyone had to eat crow. Apparently the same source that told him about the players being in trouble is the same one telling him this now. Again take it for what its worth, just a rumor at this time.

Mark May has an absolute hatred for tOSU. ESPN really needs to do something about it, they don't allow Herbie to be bias'd towards OSU. Yet they let fat fuck Mark May talk all the shit he wants. Apparently he is still salty from the 72-0 ass beating Ohio State gave Pitt in 95 (I believe it was 95).

Just read a rumor on bucknuts, take it for what its worth now, Tressell to step down. The guy that is reporting it, was also the first person to report players were going to be suspended. He posted that a couple days before it came out and got absolutely trashed on, then it comes out and everyone had to eat crow. Apparently the same source that told him about the players being in trouble is the same one telling him this now. Again take it for what its worth, just a rumor at this time.

Even Herbie talked some trash at the OSU players for what they did. Those guys basically showed that they couldn't give two shits about the awards and recognitions they had earned.

They sold things to help their families. They have multiple pairs of gold pants and multiple b10 championship rings. If i were in that position I would've done the same thing. Herbie has always had something against Pryor. In fact its well documented that he and Pryor do not get along. Pryor once tweeted that Herbie wasn't a real Buckeye. Blah blah blah bunch of BS as to if or if not someone is a real Buckeye. Also they are not the first OSU player to sell the gold pants. The hatred that comes from espn towards OSU and the big 10 in general is ridiculous. I guess part of the reason could be the fact they have a contract with the SEC.

They sold things to help their families. They have multiple pairs of gold pants and multiple b10 championship rings. If i were in that position I would've done the same thing. Herbie has always had something against Pryor. In fact its well documented that he and Pryor do not get along. Pryor once tweeted that Herbie wasn't a real Buckeye. Blah blah blah bunch of BS as to if or if not someone is a real Buckeye. Also they are not the first OSU player to sell the gold pants. The hatred that comes from espn towards OSU and the big 10 in general is ridiculous. I guess part of the reason could be the fact they have a contract with the SEC.

Coming from someone that is in personal relationships with all these guys, I can agree with this and tell you the money went to the family not tattoos.

Just watched news conference with the 5 suspended players. All seemed geniune and appologetic. Devier Posey announced he was coming back next year, which I think it a good idea. I also expect Pryor and Adams to do the same. Herron was expected to be NFL bound anyways so if he leaves its not a big suprise

its funny to hear fans bitch about this stuff. fact. fans are fans not players and believe that these are priceless items cause they dont have the chance to earn them. players get this stuff and its just stuff. its another award to add to there room of awards. i have a drawer full of championships awards and bs, i dont look at it past that day cause its just another award. the only thing that means shit is my nc ring. everything else is a trinket. so what is a pair of gold pants to these guys??? another trinket. it was theres to sell i dont see the problem. ncaa is a joke and wants to control every aspect of players lives.