Thoughts on Mazda6s?

Bam

Stock "200hp" Heavy A4 still > Mazda 6.

Oh, and "360hp" on the S8, why..do you want some ?

I'll take you up on some fun with the A8. Have run with a friend of mine in his and he was shocked how so much weight hurts the mighty V8. :)

he drove his brothers Q45 last week. Same fail. :)

You've already mentioned my only complaint-transmission problems.

Specifically shift shock:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/atx-transmission-discussion/213391-1-2-shift-shock-tsb-update-not-fixing-problem.html

Other than that I will love my 6 till it blows up, which will probably be sooner than later lol

I don't have any experience with the 6-cyllinder versions, but my wife bought her 03 6i new and we've beat the piss out of it for the last 7 years.

just over 130K miles now. Biggest issues I've run into is that on the 4-cyllinders the pcv valve is BEHIND the intake manifold...the hose to it split and I had to take off the intake manifold off to replace it...pain. Her car seems to be chewing up rear brakes as well lately. The black metal pieces on the rear doors/windows will all rust as well.

Other than that, it's held up to the abuse quite well all things considered.

I don't have any experience with the 6-cyllinder versions, but my wife bought her 03 6i new and we've beat the piss out of it for the last 7 years.

just over 130K miles now. Biggest issues I've run into is that on the 4-cyllinders the pcv valve is BEHIND the intake manifold...the hose to it split and I had to take off the intake manifold off to replace it...pain. Her car seems to be chewing up rear brakes as well lately. The black metal pieces on the rear doors/windows will all rust as well.

Other than that, it's held up to the abuse quite well all things considered.

Do you mean pads? If so, that's pretty normal. Mazda set these cars with an odd front/rear brake bias, so that at lower speeds/low brake threshold, the car actually relies more on the rear brakes than the fronts.

Do you mean pads? If so, that's pretty normal. Mazda set these cars with an odd front/rear brake bias, so that at lower speeds/low brake threshold, the car actually relies more on the rear brakes than the fronts.

pads and rotors. First it was a problem with the rear calipers sticking, so we replaced them, but then it was still doing it only on the driver's side. Then I replaced all of the hardware and anything else in there. That seemed to work for the winter, but they're warped again.

I think my other problem stems from using cheap ass parts...but it was hard to convince me to buy the expensive stuff when I wasn't sure they'd last more than a few months. I just need to sack up and pay the good money to redo it again this summer.