Thoughts on Mazda6s?

Bam

Looking at a couple Mazda6s model's this week and although I've done my research I saw the thread about the ford escape and was wondering if other techs could chime in on the Mazda reliability or common problems?

One I'm driving tonight is an 03, v6, auto, loaded up with 60k. I've also found an 04, v6, manual, loaded up with 45k that I'm planning to check out as well.

I've heard mixed reviews online, so I'm kind of leary spending upwards of $10k and just want to be as aware of possible of any issues.

thanks for the input

i would go poke around mazdas247.com and see what issues those people have

i drove a speed6 the other night and loved it, but those are cars that can quickly go sour when you start modding them...had a bunch of friends sell their cars because they were such a pain....not sure if it translates to regular 6's

Have a 6s as a DD and it is OK (Wifes car). Thought would share the love:

Tranny - No issues (Yes Automatic)

Seats already showing wear (only 70K miles)

Lil rust starting under the pass rear quarter (Need to find a sucker on CR too pay buy it before it gets too bad)

200 HP and feels like 160 (Numbers do not feel right)

OK if you are a girl that does not need "Zoom zoom"

Have a 6s as a DD and it is OK (Wifes car). Thought would share the love:

Tranny - No issues (Yes Automatic)

Seats already showing wear (only 70K miles)

Lil rust starting under the pass rear quarter (Need to find a sucker on CR too pay buy it before it gets too bad)

OK if you are a girl that does not need "Zoom zoom"

my 6 moves out i don't think something is right with yours

what kinda power did your audi make stock... get it back to that, text me, and we'll go play.

Stock "200hp" Heavy A4 still > Mazda 6.

Oh, and "360hp" on the S8, why..do you want some ?

You must have been without a turbo so long you forgot what "moves out" means.

me and mr jones........

my car is an auto but from what i see

your car stock is like 15.5

a manual mazda 6s is like 15.1

autos ran like 15.8

i was speaking in relative terms.. the car doesnt feel like ...

end then end we're talking about 15 second daily drivers, and i'm not afraid to own my car outside of a warranty.

kthxbye

me and mr jones........

my car is an auto but from what i see

your car stock is like 15.5

a manual mazda 6s is like 15.1

autos ran like 15.8

i was speaking in relative terms.. the car doesnt feel like ...

end then end we're talking about 15 second daily drivers, and i'm not afraid to own my car outside of a warranty.

kthxbye

Neither am I, I'm keeping the A4 indefinitely as a daily/beater. If I can afford to only buy the cars I want in warranty, why do you care? :p

I'm gonna pull out and tbone the 360 hp audi s8 next time its driving 50mph down my street

It sounds fast at 5mph.....:p

But that works anyway, it will be totaled instantly and a new toy will replace it. Whatever suits your fancy. :bangbang:

S H O W

children...

how about this...?http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=279097682&dealer_id=3252783&car_year=2005&rdm=1274241581954&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&systime=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1998&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&first_record=351&make=&keywords_display=&color=&scarid=275710023&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=2500&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=43209&advanced=y&end_year=2007&pager.offset=350&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=8500&cardist=94&standard=false

or i drove a 2002gti 1.8t/5spd yesterday,may be picking that up tomorrow instead of a 6.

how about that vagjones?