Shelby SuperSnake Baselines

BradyPPC

2007 Shelby SuperSnake

Car has the full JBA exhaust system including longtube headers. Other than that it is mostly stock.

Did some baselines this morning before we get to work on the car.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/Ford/Mustang/GT500/Mark%202007%20SuperSnake/SS_QT_1_1_.jpg

Car was really, really rich so I lifted early which is why the graph is plotted in time instead of rpm. (Plotted in rpm it traced back across itself and looked kind of ugly)

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/Ford/Mustang/GT500/Mark%202007%20SuperSnake/before_graph.jpg

Dyno vid for those that would like to see it http://s548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/Ford/Mustang/GT500/Mark%202007%20SuperSnake/?action=view&current=SS_QT_1.flv

We are hoping to have the car finished up sometime next week. Basically we are going to take the boost up a few lbs, put some new few rails on, go ahead and upgrade injectors while we are in there for future mods, and rework a few things that Shelby should have done from the factory but didnt.

The new 72 lb/hr injectors got installed today. The blower had to be removed to get the fuel rails out. While we were in there we went ahead and installed a new set of black anodized Fore Precision fuel rails. Thought I would post a pic up with the blower removed.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/Ford/Mustang/GT500/Mark%202007%20SuperSnake/IMG00012-20100529-0937.jpg

We also were able to get the Innovators West 10% overdriven crank pulley installed. Here is a pic of the stocker vs new.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii353/brady/Ford/Mustang/GT500/Mark%202007%20SuperSnake/IMG00014-20100529-1157.jpg

We have a few more upgrades to make and the car will be ready to hit the rollers. We are hoping to have it finished up by next weekend. Jon Lund (Jon handles the tuning for Lethal Performance, Evolution Performance, and has tuned several of the fastest GT500's out) will be handling the tuning of the car. The guy really wanted Jon to do the tune but did not want to travel. The tune that is in the car at the moment is from Quantum out of Texas and it has never been 100% right. He really wanted to deal with someone local to prevent more of the same. With Jon being a friend of mine, I just made the call and set it up for the customer. The car should be really fun when it is finished!

We have a few more upgrades to make and the car will be ready to hit the rollers. We are hoping to have it finished up by next weekend. Jon Lund (Jon handles the tuning for Lethal Performance, Evolution Performance, and has tuned several of the fastest GT500's out) will be handling the tuning of the car. The guy really wanted Jon to do the tune but did not want to travel. The tune that is in the car at the moment is from Quantum out of Texas and it has never been 100% right. He really wanted to deal with someone local to prevent more of the same. With Jon being a friend of mine, I just made the call and set it up for the customer. The car should be really fun when it is finished!

This is a fine example of your excellent customer service. Just the norm over there at Pickups Plus. Looks like a cool toy.

I want... Didnt they advertise a super snake that was supposed to make ~700hp out of the box?

They offered a 605hp version and a 725hp version. Both are quoted crank figures though. The 605 hp version would have put down low 500's to the tire and the 725hp versions put down 600-650 to the wheels depending on the dyno.

I actually think this car would have done a little better on the stock tune than on the Quantum tune. About 625 is what I would have expected to see on our dyno.

They offered a 605hp version and a 725hp version. Both are quoted crank figures though. The 605 hp version would have put down low 500's to the tire and the 725hp versions put down 600-650 to the wheels depending on the dyno.

I actually think this car would have done a little better on the stock tune than on the Quantum tune. About 625 is what I would have expected to see on our dyno.

I knew it wouldn't be to the wheels, but that car is still pretty impressive. I love the GT500s, so sexy and pretty good bang for the buck too. imo

Can you show intake temps versus boost and rpm?

We logged intake temp through the laptop. I dont have a way to everlay it on the dyno graph. The car is equipped with the upgraded C&R/Shelby Heat Exchanger which has the dual 9" Spal cooling fans on the backside. It does a great job of keeping things cool. On this run the car was fairly cool and the intake temps peaked in the mid 130's. Heat soaked we were seeing 145 by the end of the pulls.

• 3 weeks later...