LS1 Crank pinning kit

BlackMess

Well because Principal skinner locked up my thread in the romper room I figured I'd post it here. Will the ATI kit work with a stock balancer?? The write up looks like it pins the crank from the side rather then the face. Where can I get a kit to pin it like brandon did??

Well because Principal skinner locked up my thread in the romper room I figured I'd post it here. Will the ATI kit work with a stock balancer?? The write up looks like it pins the crank from the side rather then the face. Where can I get a kit to pin it like brandon did??

The ATI pin kit will work, this is what I used, and I am using the stock balancer, you just have to be careful how far you drill for the pin.

Its a plate that threads up with a bolt they provide, then you drill for the pin dowl, I think the pin kit is like 60 dollars, jegs may have one instock.

Ordered the pink kit, ARP bolt, red loc tite and ready to torque to down to 250 ft/lb. I dare that bastard to try to come out again! I'd image its going to be a bitch to drill through the crank and pulley though.....

use the old bolt to reinstall the balancer. torque it to 250 then take the bolt back out, pin it then install the ARP bolt. the ARP is a waste IMHO just because the pin holds everything, plus i have a few new GM bolts laying around lol.