Obama after the Assualt Weapons Ban Already.

flounder

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, the bill includes any gun that has a removeable magazine.
^^thats most handguns

You might want to do some research. Wiki and Google are your friend.

I quote:

"

By former U.S. law the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, H&K G36E, TEC-9, all non-automatic AK-47s, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

• Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
  • Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
  • Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
  • Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
  • A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

• Folding or telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
  • Detachable magazine

The earlier term assault rifle, refers to rifles that are select-fire (that is, rifles that are capable of either semi-automatic or fully-automatic fire), firing intermediate-power rounds (such as the 5.56 x 45 mm NATO, or 7.62 x 39 mm), which along with fully automatic pistols, provided the pre-cursor for the term "assault weapon." In contrast, the term assault weapon as used in civilian and U.S. legal usage refers to a semi-automatic weapon with certain features, as listed above. The ban did not cover "assault rifles" but merely the new category of "assault weapons" which did not include automatic weapons of any type."

The previous ban really didn't do much of squat. The one thing it did do was remove a batch of crappy dangerous to the user "saturday-night-specials". Good riddance. Unfortunately the result was bad guys having to buy better weapons.

Yawn. People are sheep. They run and hoard things that people tell them they can't have. I don't agree that they should be banned..I don't think it will make a difference...but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. When you move to ban guns as a whole, I'll be right there in the front of the line demanding justice. Until then, I can defend my home with my shotgun or my Glock. I don't think the people are any less of a threat to the government because they can't buy an AR15. I'm sure someone on here will try to prove me wrong. Knock yourself out.

Not worried about it. We have bigger issues to deal with.

Why does it have to be about protection? Why can't I want to own an AR-15 because I like shooting at the range.

Not everyone who owns a gun is worried about self deffense. I am a law abiding citizen why is my government treating me like I am a potential criminal.

Just wait till they get to sportbikes...

Sheep....sheep.....the people who are sheep are those who think they can let their rights slowly slip away and then someday take a stand..

Edited by The King

Oh noes! Facts... stop now!

FACTS:

do-not-want-dog.jpg

Why does it have to be about protection? Why can't I want to own an AR-15 because I like shooting at the range.

Not everyone who owns a gun is worried about self deffense. I am a law abiding citizen why is my government treating me like I am a potential criminal.

Just wait till they get to sportbikes...

Sheep....sheep.....the people who are sheep are those who think they can let their rights slowly slip away and then someday take a stand..

Correct me if I'm wrong..but the 2nd amendment mentions 'arms', not 'assault rifles'. Again, feel free to call me on that.

Boy, I would LOVE to take an RPG to the range..or toss a grenade or two. Maybe plant some C4 and watch some shit blow up. But I can't. You can't either. Is ANYONE on here or anywhere pissing and moaning about that? NO.

Again, I'll be the first one in line if someone tries to take my weapon away from me. But that isn't happening, and Obama already said he didn't plan on making it that way. I'm not losing sleep over not being able to go to the range and fire an RPG. Nor am I going to lose sleep about not being able to buy a street sweeper. You can't buy an AR and take it to the range..and I can't drive my bike 150 Mph on I-90. The government has taken away my right to go as fast as I want! We both can't do something we really want to do..even though there are alternatives. Is that really more important than getting this country back on it's feet?

More FUD.

Call me when it matters.

But why take them? Whats the reason... are they dangerous? If thats the case then take all the guns cause the hand guns and shotguns are more dangerous as per the stats.

Neither of the two worst shooting sprees in U.S. history involved assault weapons.

* James Huberty, who killed 20 people at a McDonald's Restaurant in San Ysidro, California, in 1984 used a shotgun, a pistol and a hunting rifle.

* George Hennard, who killed 22 people at a Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, in 1991 used two ordinary pistols.

Over the past 50 years, no civilian has ever used a legally owned machine gun in a violent crime.

The FBI's Supplemental Homicide

Reports show that 57% of all murders

in 1993 were committed with handguns,

3% with rifles, 5% with shotguns,

and 5% with firearms where the type

was unknown.

The 1991 Survey of State Prison Inmates

found that violent inmates who

used a weapon were more likely to use

a handgun than any other weapon;

24% of all violent inmates reported that

they used a handgun. Of all inmates,

13% reported carrying a handgun

when they committed the offense

for which they were serving time.

A study by the Virginia Department of

Criminal Justice Services reviewed

the files of 600 firearm murders that

occurred in 18 jurisdictions from 1989

to 1991. The study found that handguns

were used in 72% of the murders

(431 murders). Ten guns were

identified as assault weapons, including

five pistols, four rifles, and one

shotgun.

Pretty much if you want to keep us little people safe Obama... you might want to start with the Handguns...

But why take them? Whats the reason... are they dangerous? If thats the case then take all the guns cause the hand guns and shotguns are more dangerous as per the stats.

Neither of the two worst shooting sprees in U.S. history involved assault weapons.

* James Huberty, who killed 20 people at a McDonald's Restaurant in San Ysidro, California, in 1984 used a shotgun, a pistol and a hunting rifle.

* George Hennard, who killed 22 people at a Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, in 1991 used two ordinary pistols.

Over the past 50 years, no civilian has ever used a legally owned machine gun in a violent crime.

The FBI's Supplemental Homicide

Reports show that 57% of all murders

in 1993 were committed with handguns,

3% with rifles, 5% with shotguns,

and 5% with firearms where the type

was unknown.

The 1991 Survey of State Prison Inmates

found that violent inmates who

used a weapon were more likely to use

a handgun than any other weapon;

24% of all violent inmates reported that

they used a handgun. Of all inmates,

13% reported carrying a handgun

when they committed the offense

for which they were serving time.

A study by the Virginia Department of

Criminal Justice Services reviewed

the files of 600 firearm murders that

occurred in 18 jurisdictions from 1989

to 1991. The study found that handguns

were used in 72% of the murders

(431 murders). Ten guns were

identified as assault weapons, including

five pistols, four rifles, and one

shotgun.

Pretty much if you want to keep us little people safe Obama... you might want to start with the Handguns...

I'm not debating or doubting that. I'll say it again..I don't agree with Obama that the ban will do much, if anything. All I'm saying is that there is a lot of FUD going around, and people bitching and moaning about "assault rifles"when there are more important issues to be worried about. The fact that he is NOT banning all weapons allows me to put my priorities in order, and say, you know, there are more pressing matters afoot than not being able to buy an AK-47.

That's flawed statistics... kind of like how the majority of all accidents occur within 5 miles of your home - take a wild guess at where you do the most driving?

No LEGAL machine gun was ever used to commit a violent crime... how many citizens own a legal registered machine gun? That's like saying that no owners of Ferrari Enzos have ever been an illegal high speed chase with the cops.

Edited by JRMMiii

I'm not debating or doubting that. I'll say it again..I don't agree with Obama that the ban will do much, if anything. All I'm saying is that there is a lot of FUD going around, and people bitching and moaning about "assault rifles"when there are more important issues to be worried about. The fact that he is NOT banning all weapons allows me to put my priorities in order, and say, you know, there are more pressing matters afoot than not being able to buy an AK-47.

what more pressing issues... like him sending 900mil to Gaza?

That's flawed statistics... kind of like how the majority of all accidents occur within 5 miles of your home - take a wild guess at where you do the most driving?

No LEGAL machine gun was ever used to commit a violent crime... how many citizens own a legal registered machine gun? That's like saying that no owners of Ferrari Enzos have ever been an illegal high speed chase with the cops.

You can get a class 3 license?

What about the rest of the stats and facts.. are you that hung up on Dems?

Well when all that's said and done that's when you will need them the most... :lol::lol:

And obviously our president is worried about it. For some ungodly reason, I'm not sure why. My point is why mess with something, in your points and case's, that is irrelevant in the big picture. When their are even proven more dangerous weapons out there. I don't get the logic in the man?

Edited by robhawk

He covered that... read the thread.

So what's our President doing about those things then? Oh yeah, banning assualt weapons

Honestly, I dont really care about assault weapons being banned. I'm past the stage in life that I need to go out and buy one. My problem is I dont feel the govt has a right to say we cant buy them. Also, I think it opens the door to make it easier to continue banning guns(just like in IL)

i thought the whole point of the 2nd amendment was to prevent the people to be less armed than the government or the armed forces of other governments. yeah, the normal citizen won't own laser guided missiles or an Apache helicopter due to sheer cost... but am i wrong about the intent?

There are quite a few legal machine guns out there. I can't remember the exact numbers (which wouldn't matter since the ATF has admitted they have royally fucked up the NFA database), but its roughly equal to the number of machine guns in the hands of law enforcement.