Poser to the ultimate level

Tinman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really a big deal, look how many weekends tracks have NOTHING going on. If it wasn't for these shows on the off weekends tracks would be even tighter on money than they already are....

What about some of the vintage weekends where cars putter around the track in parade laps just to check it out and get some good pictures?

It's an automobile facility, a place for car people to get together.

This isn't really a big deal, look how many weekends tracks have NOTHING going on. If it wasn't for these shows on the off weekends tracks would be even tighter on money than they already are....

What about some of the vintage weekends where cars putter around the track in parade laps just to check it out and get some good pictures?

It's an automobile facility, a place for car people to get together.

Coming from a guy that races on parking lots I can see why you would think it's okay to park on a race track.

Sorry, couldn't resist the irony :)

I don't understand why this concept is so hard for everyone to understand. :confused:

It's a regular old car show that's being held at a venue, just like any other. This one happens to be on a really nice track that most, including many of us, would never have the opportunity of even stepping foot on. If you're not aware, this isn't something new, either. A LOT of show holders will rent out stuff like this to hold huge events, and all you haters will never believe this, but fatlace and stanceworks have a HUGE following where it's probably more than necessary.

If these losers even TRIED to run that track, those pieces of shit would disintegrate on the first lap. They have no place on the road, much less a track, and are no better than the faggots that jack their cars five feet in the air and put rubber band tires on 58" wheels under them. They're both stupidly unsafe for no more reason than some moron thinks it looks good. Fucktards like that make the REAL enthusiasts look bad.

If these losers even TRIED to run that track, those pieces of shit would disintegrate on the first lap. They have no place on the road, much less a track, and are no better than the faggots that jack their cars five feet in the air and put rubber band tires on 58" wheels under them. They're both stupidly unsafe for no more reason than some moron thinks it looks good. Fucktards like that make the REAL enthusiasts look bad.

your an idiot. no seriously just an idiot. you drive a bonerville and talk about its the fastest one in the world.:gtfo:

your an idiot. no seriously just an idiot. you drive a bonerville and talk about its the fastest one in the world.:gtfo:

And I'm still smarter than the dumbass who can't tell the difference between a Pontiac and a Buick. Go drive your mildewed mullet mobile and stfu.

And I'm still smarter than the dumbass who can't tell the difference between a Pontiac and a Buick. Go drive your mildewed mullet mobile and stfu.

I found the Irony in your post, just as well as Phil did.

Coming from a guy that races on parking lots I can see why you would think it's okay to park on a race track.

Sorry, couldn't resist the irony :)

You were my age once, money doesn't grow on trees :)

I would love to race on a track, funds don't allow it.

I found the Irony in your post, just as well as Phil did.

Gee, what irony would that be? A guy with a Park Avenue talking shit about some faggots that have their wheels on wrong?

I've flogged my Buick harder than any car on that page would survive. I took a Grandpa car and made it faster. Those morons took performance cars and made them useless.

Of course, I don't expect someone who hangs oil coolers on bumpers to understand that sort of thing.

You were my age once, money doesn't grow on trees :)

I would love to race on a track, funds don't allow it.

NASA has a great volunteer program, work one event and race for half price at the next, or work two and race for free. Plus you get almost three hours of track time per weekend, a little better than what you get at the local lots.

Gee, what irony would that be? A guy with a Park Avenue talking shit about some faggots that have their wheels on wrong?

I've flogged my Buick harder than any car on that page would survive. I took a Grandpa car and made it faster. Those morons took performance cars and made them useless.

Of course, I don't expect someone who hangs oil coolers on bumpers to understand that sort of thing.

What's funny is, really, you'd get walked by that black single turbo 350z putting down over 350hp/330tq.. all while he's scraping pavement and tucking tire.

I'm sure you'll try to come back saying how it's somehow still useless though, right? :rolleyes:

Oil coolers on bumpers = Racing a Park Ave.

Why so much hate? A lot of these cars are stupid fast. Camber and tire wear be damned, they are still fast. As much as I like racing on a track, I think from a marketing standpoint, what better place to have a show full of "Race cars" than on a racetrack? Smart business if you ask me.

Smart business if you ask me.

My point exactly, someone is making decent money on this.. and what better opportunity will people have to take their cars out on such a prestigious track for a photo-op, than this?

Why so much hate? A lot of these cars are stupid fast. Camber and tire wear be damned, they are still fast. As much as I like racing on a track, I think from a marketing standpoint, what better place to have a show full of "Race cars" than on a racetrack? Smart business if you ask me.

Actually the rental is probably relatively cheap, might even be doing it for free. Find a traditionally dead weekend for the reservation. No safety crews, no insurance, no timing gear, etc... Free publicity for the track. Not to mention a much more scenic venue for the show than a Walmart parking lot.

BTW, in my eyes this is no different than you retards going to a dyno day or CR track day and not running your cars. :gtfo:

not the same thing. the guys that don't run on the track or dyno don't park on it, they park in the parking lot. you know, where cars are meant to park.

Many tracks in the NE areas of the country are designed with small run-off areas like this, but that doesn't mean that it's desireable. It just seems that they cheaped out on clearing land at the sacrifice of run-off room.

Trust me, NOBODY is going to come out well if they hit one of those exposed ends of the concrete walls....picture this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b036OYyiwoc;)

I'm must saying it's not unheard of and if you're worried about a particular corner, then use proper judgement. Some of the best tracks and well known corners in the world are known that way because of their difficulty or danger of a mistake. That's what makes it more rewarding when mastered. However, I do understand your point of view.

As for the shitty driver dig...I'll take on your poopra any day at Nelson. I'll even take it easy on you and bring the M3. ;)

:D So, let me get this straight. You took a driver-skill dig (a non-personal one, I might add) and turned it into a race between cars? If that's the case, I'll call one race, as well. A 'fundementals' race on... GT5 Prologue. lol

What's funny is, really, you'd get walked by that black single turbo 350z putting down over 350hp/330tq.. all while he's scraping pavement and tucking tire.

I'm sure you'll try to come back saying how it's somehow still useless though, right? :rolleyes:

Oil coolers on bumpers = Racing a Park Ave.

Yeah, I will. It's still a fucking useless piece of shit. Useless and unsafe. Let's see what happens when he hits a crack in the pavement at throttle and blasts his tire sideways off the bead or when his overstressed wheel bearing gives out and sheds a wheel in traffic. Like I said, if he pushed that car as hard as I've pushed mine, it would fall apart.

And, no, you stupid fuck, oil coolers on bumpers doesn't even begin to equate to racing a Park Ave. One little rock on the freeway, and your engine is fucked. Do you truly not understand why radiators and such are installed BEHIND grilles and bumpers? Of course, maybe you need all that extra air flow. After all, we know what Toyotas do to oil.

Actually, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to talk to you or Phil. You're stupid enough to actually stick up for a company that killed 89 of their own customers, and foisted sludge-maker engines onto ten of thousands. And Phil's a two-faced little bitch. Neither of your opinions matter to me. Welcome to the "ignore" list. Goodbye.