Deadbeat companies

Sully

Every time I have a major project that I want to get done around the house, I have to call at least 10 companies before I can get someone to commit to it. With the economy being so "crappy", why is it so hard to get someone to come out and do work? Are they lazy? Is my project not going to pay them enough to make it worth their time? What's the deal?

My current project: A patio.

1st company:

Beginning of April someone comes out, we discuss the design and all. Tells me he'll have a quote to me in a week. A little more than a week goes by and I get a message stating he had been sick and will have me a quote in a few days. I haven't heard from him since.

2nd company:

I actually do get a quote from this company. $10,000 for a 400 - 450 sq ft patio/walkway. Um... I don't think so scooter!

3rd company:

Supposedly coming out tomorrow between 10 and 11. We'll see.

4th company:

I called them at 12:30 today. Guy said he was in the middle of something and would call me back in 20 minutes. I haven't heard from him.

This same shit happens with every single major project that I need done. I want to get this patio done soon so that I can enjoy it this summer. It's not looking good. I'm just really frustrated right now.

/rant

If u need concrete work done for it hit up sam he does this an he's near u in canal too

Hope it goes well u defentally have been down on ur luck lately lol

It's going to be a paver patio.

Thanks. The truck has been at Rob's for 2 days (today makes 3). He's trying to find a borescope that will fit in the spark plug hole and has a mirror on the end. He said that if he can't find one, the head will have to come off. If the head has to come off, the engine will get pulled from the truck. FML

If it comes to that, I might have him put headers on it.

Hey sam does paver patios as well. I do anything that involves masonary stuff. Brick, block, concrete and PAVERS.. :)

He also does concrete.

OP, I feel your pain. I have had about 7 companies out now to quote refinishing/reworking my deck. The crazy overpriced ones were pretty quick at least, then some never got us the quote or never showed up at all. One of them is alarmingly/suspiciously cheap... Now that I finally got a few quotes I can't decide who to choose. I almost feel they'll all screw me or drag it way out.

nothing against sam, but let me know if you want my guys number. he did stamped concrete for less than i got quoted from sam for a basic swirl finish

i had 400 sq/ft done (16x20 main area and a 10' circle off the corner for a fire pit) for $3200, and like chad said, it looks pimp.

pics from at night so they look dark

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_2772.jpg?t=1251948714

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_2773.jpg?t=1251948714

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_2774.jpg?t=1251948714

One of the reasons you can't get much effort from the companies is that they are self employed for a reason. Some just don't have it together enough to be responsible and if the bills are paid they don't look to hard for work.

While I was at the Home shows this year I had this company next to/close to me at almost every show. Both owners are great guys, and I watched there guys put in the walkway from building to building. Tell him Trey from Mattress Firm sent you over if you talk to the owners.

Lindsay Wright Co.

http://www.lindsaywright.com/