Returning xbox360

The Pikey

My barely one year old 360 Elite has the E73 error message (1/4 red ring) I have a best buy warranty (good until 2011) What parts of the 360 need to be taken back for an exchange? I know I keep the hard drive.

thanks

Peace

Just the bare system - no hard drive, no memory cards, no cables, etc.

Negative ghostrider. I had to get my power cord because the newer model that was out was different. Soo.. Best buy made me go home and get my power cord to do the swap.

Anyone remember my post a year or two ago about my experience with Best Buy and the hard drive debacle? They threw a fit when I told them I wanted to keep the drive. They offered to charge me $60 to do a data transfer though.

I took it back yesterday, and was told I have to wait 7days (Rapid Exchange is what he called it)...wtf? I thought the warranty meant I walked in with defective item, walk out with replacement. I do see a PS3 in my near future.

I took it back yesterday, and was told I have to wait 7days (Rapid Exchange is what he called it)...wtf? I thought the warranty meant I walked in with defective item, walk out with replacement. I do see a PS3 in my near future.

Told ya Best buy would give you shit about returning it.

mine is 3 years old and i have to send it back to microsoft after just getting the red ring. still waiting for my wife to ship it via ups---microsoft has very strict rules about what to mail, and how to mail it. i picked up an elite in the meantime, just so i wouldn't have to wait

That's why I posted about the bare system, that's all you have to send to Microsoft.

and you have to be specific with the label you put on the box. without the confirmation number on the label of the shipping box, they will return it