Thoughts on Acura TL

Habitual Sinner

trannys like crazy if your buying one find one thats had it gone through recently. acura extended the warranty on em through 105k i do believe.. timing belt/waterpump/tuneup due at 105k also.. depending on where you have it done will cost from 475-800 unless you do it yourself

trannys like crazy if your buying one find one thats had it gone through recently. acura extended the warranty on em through 105k i do believe.. timing belt/waterpump/tuneup due at 105k also.. depending on where you have it done will cost from 475-800 unless you do it yourself

trans warranty was extended to 120k

I like mine. Transmission is a flaming pile. Motor mounts, Most will usually have those replaced along with the tranny. SRS light. (Still need to call Acura care for mine).

SRS lights for the OPDS system is extended to 140k, seat belt buckles/belts are lifetime warranty sometimes the buckle will set a SRS code

trans warranty was extended to 120k

SRS lights for the OPDS system is extended to 140k, seat belt buckles/belts are lifetime warranty sometimes the buckle will set a SRS code

I love it when u talk dirty.....

Craig is still the most fuckable guy on cr no homo

(Someone still have that pic of him :lol:?)

Transmission is a big issue in those cars, expect ~$3k for a replacement sooner or later.. My 03 CL-S (6-speed) has gone over 200k miles with no issues other than normal maintenance. I still daily drive it and frequently travel between Indy and Cbus with no worries.

Don't thin I want to buy another money pit. Love the body style, but not that much to deal with all these issues.

I'm just going to buy a GP and call it a day. And, no car payments FTW.

But, to thread jack my own thread. What can I do to make the trans on a L36 hold up to boost?

Why not get an L67 instead? From what I have read those hold power better if you are really going to modify it.

Got the car up for $300. I've always been more fond of turbo anyways.

Another question:

Does anyone know where I can find this lip kit at? It's made by SLP but i cant find it anywhere.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww221/500powered/29910270003_large.jpg

Got the car up for $300. I've always been more fond of turbo anyways.

Another question:

Does anyone know where I can find this lip kit at? It's made by SLP but i cant find it anywhere.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww221/500powered/29910270003_large.jpg

http://www.slponline.com call them if you don't see it online