Help need info on 05 R6

Shawn89

So here's the deal, just to start I've never owned a street bike I've rode them but never had my own. But, anyway on to the point of this post.

I'm debating on trading my notch foxbody for this 05 R6. I've seen the bike infact looked at it today, going in I knew the bike has been droped pretty hard. It needs fairings if I want it looking nice. The big thing is that it has 30,000 miles on it. I've read that this engines will last about 75k but is that true? My other concern is that when it was droped it cracked the case on that side and leaks oil can I replace the casing on the right side of the motor or fix that spot?

And last but not least, what kind of maintance am I looking at?

Thanks for reading and responding to my rant.

Shawn.

No. Don't do it. 30K on a bike is 200k on a car. Cracked case = about $1600 for a new case depending on the side. I traded my 87 hatch for an 03 636 that was pretty clean with 10k miles a year ago. You can find allot nicer of a bike willing to trade for a car (especially a 600) Whatever you get make sure it is fuel injected. I rarely worry about minor cosmetic damage and I'd surely say DO NOT waste your time on a bike with mechanical problems. Hope this helps.

Dover- That's pretty much what I thought. I've never seen a bike with that many mile for sale in my life I've seen a lot of them with around 20k though. Thanks.

As far as what's done to the notch, I unfortunatly I do not have papers for any of it but this is what I was told.

3.73 gears, king cobra clutch, hurst shifter, poly trans mount(not installed) energy suspention sway bar links, it has aftermarket trailing arms not sure of the brand there painted red if that meens anything. New front brake pads as well as caliper bolts(I have papers for that I did it, less than 100 miles on them). Bbk headers, and xpipe with thrush mufflers(flowmaster lookalike, sounds really good) msd cap and rotor, and coil ford racing 8mm wires, ngk plugs. Its suposed to have a small cam, sounds a little camy but idk, flex fan,underdrive crank pully, ac and ps delete cold air intake and it has cobra replica wheels. That's all I can remember at this time, thank you lol.

yeah you may be better off selling the notch then buying a bike. you might get some decent interest here on this site.

To be honist I have not posted it because I truthfully don't want to get rid of it I like the car. But my sisters moving back down here and needs a place to stay. I simply do not have room for 4 cars at my place. So between that and a bike would be a lot of fun in the summer and it may be nice to try something new.

If any of that makes since idk lol

To be honist I have not posted it because I truthfully don't want to get rid of it I like the car. But my sisters moving back down here and needs a place to stay. I simply do not have room for 4 cars at my place. So between that and a bike would be a lot of fun in the summer and it may be nice to try something new.

If any of that makes since idk lol

Get a bike for sure, they are a ton of fun as long as you're careful, we have lost to many good people to it.

Sell the notch fro $5k and go buy a nice bike for that.

Get a bike for sure, they are a ton of fun as long as you're careful, we have lost to many good people to it.

Sell the notch fro $5k and go buy a nice bike for that.

Yeah, I know a few people that's been pretty badly hurt on bikes. I don't like racing them or stunting though, I just ride. That's gotta improve my odds a little. I don't quite know if my fox is worth 5k though its pretty clean inside but it does need odds and ends.

Yeah, I know a few people that's been pretty badly hurt on bikes. I don't like racing them or stunting though, I just ride. That's gotta improve my odds a little. I don't quite know if my fox is worth 5k though its pretty clean inside but it does need odds and ends.

from reading the description it's worth 5