stolen car!

Dave1647545494

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
maybe im in the minority...but i think it sucks they found it...now youre stuck going through all kinds of processes and paper work and dealing with what they did to it etc....if one of my vehicles ever disappears, i NEVER want it to turn back up ever again....cut me that insurance check, and let me go about my life

maybe im in the minority...but i think it sucks they found it...now youre stuck going through all kinds of processes and paper work and dealing with what they did to it etc....if one of my vehicles ever disappears, i NEVER want it to turn back up ever again....cut me that insurance check, and let me go about my life

how long does it have to be missing for in order for insurance to write you a check/

I agree.

That would be great IF he didn't only have liability on it as he stated above....

how long does it have to be missing for in order for insurance to write you a check/

I have a buddy whose car was just stolen earlier this year. Their insurance company required that the car be missing for 30 days, then they would write it off.

As it happened, his car was recovered on day 28 or thereabouts, and had been pretty badly abused. The insurance company had the entire interior reconditioned, and they actually did a perfectly fine job. Like it never happened.

Guest tbutera2112
That would be great IF he didn't only have liability on it as he stated above....

i thought liability policies had comprehensive built into them? all the ones ive had before were all but collision.

and i havent read the beginning of the thread in awhile, if he had mentioned something about it not being covered....

comprehensive is so damn cheap i just figured he woulda had it...my mustang had comp on it when it was down for the engine build and it like was $60 every 6 months, fire, theft, vandalism, deer, etc...why would anyone not carry it?

When my car was stolen , the insurance company told me it had to be missing for 6 weeks for them to cut me a check.

my wife and one of her friends are going to go up to toledo tomorow and see if it runs/drives and maybe bring it back if its dead I'm going to go get itsaturday with a trailer

yeah no theft insurance on this one I mean who steals a 10 year old van with close to 200k on it.... I'd probably pay more in premiums than the van is worth

we found some paperwork in the van and figured out who stole it and more importantly where they live now I just have to make myself send the cops and not go handle it personally

You should have a cookout this weekend for CR members... Just remember not to leave that information lying around.... ;)

we found some paperwork in the van and figured out who stole it and more importantly where they live now I just have to make myself send the cops and not go handle it personally

You should post the names, address and pertinent info up here and let CR internet justice take its course...