Martini Park

Total Sign

Happy hour they were 5 bucks, I can't think of anywhere thats cheaper every day of the week.

Bar Louie one block away.

We went there sat night. When we got to the door we were informed it was a $20 cover. We said f that and left. We then went to arena district and had a good time.

Nowhere in Columbus should be charging any type of cover. You live in Columbus, you are not "exclusive". People dont get that concept.

We went there sat night. When we got to the door we were informed it was a $20 cover. We said f that and left. We then went to arena district and had a good time.

A common door practice to those they think wont "fit in". How were you dressed??

No that is the price we heard people talking about it before hand, but thought naa can't be. Oh and I was dressed nice (dress shirt etc) ) and either way I don't care what you think your bar is fyi you are just another bar in a mall.

Wow then F that.

Only reason I was there couple weeks ago was for my buddies bachelor bachelorette party

You live in Columbus, you are not "exclusive". People dont get that concept.

I take issue with this notion, and I'm peeved by people who talk down on our city. No wonder people from other cities think Columbus is worthless when its own citizens can't say anything endearing about it. Is Columbus the equivalent of Vegas or Miami or New York City? Of course not. But can it have relevance and character and be a place to be proud of? Of course.

All that being said, I never made it to Martini Park, so I can't really attest to anything about it. A $20 cover sounds a bit excessive, though.

My mom was there all the time, now shell be in the house annoying my dad all overf again. Lol

Cougar!!!!!!!!!! TIME!!!!!!!

BTW, I love Columbus... but it aint New York, LA, or Vegas... I certainly wouldn't pay a cover charge in Columbus... nope, not a shot.

I take issue with this notion, and I'm peeved by people who talk down on our city. No wonder people from other cities think Columbus is worthless when its own citizens can't say anything endearing about it. Is Columbus the equivalent of Vegas or Miami or New York City? Of course not. But can it have relevance and character and be a place to be proud of? Of course.

All that being said, I never made it to Martini Park, so I can't really attest to anything about it. A $20 cover sounds a bit excessive, though.

Agree to disagree.

A $20 cover sounds a bit excessive, though.

The one time I went there it was to watch a band. It was a local blues band that's been around for a long time who's known and performs world wide.

http://web.mac.com/seanhcarney/iWeb/Sean%20Carney%20Band/Home.html

The cover was somewhere in that realm. I think they had music there often so I'm thinking that might be the case. Scott, do you know if there was live music there that night?

Anyone who thinks they shouldn't pay a cover when even a decent band is playing somewhere shouldn't be allowed to listen to music. It's somewhat unfortunate when you just wanted to go somewhere, not for the music and there is a cover. But you've got to pay to play. It they were just charging a $20 cover and there wasn't a live band, I agree, f that.

I liked the food, atmosphere and drinks there. The service was good, especially considering it was a Friday night and the place was packed. I was going to go back sometime, but hadn't yet. Sucks that it closed.

Agree to disagree.

The only way this is palatable is if it is said in a Ron Burgundy voice.

The one time I went there it was to watch a band. It was a local blues band that's been around for a long time who's known and performs world wide.

http://web.mac.com/seanhcarney/iWeb/Sean%20Carney%20Band/Home.html

The cover was somewhere in that realm. I think they had music there often so I'm thinking that might be the case. Scott, do you know if there was live music there that night?

Anyone who thinks they shouldn't pay a cover when even a decent band is playing somewhere shouldn't be allowed to listen to music. It's somewhat unfortunate when you just wanted to go somewhere, not for the music and there is a cover. But you've got to pay to play. It they were just charging a $20 cover and there wasn't a live band, I agree, f that.

I liked the food, atmosphere and drinks there. The service was good, especially considering it was a Friday night and the place was packed. I was going to go back sometime, but hadn't yet. Sucks that it closed.

Yeah, sorry, let me clarify - a $20 cover isn't excessive if there is some type of live entertainment being offered.

Yeah, sorry, let me clarify - a $20 cover isn't excessive if there is some type of live entertainment being offered.

Really I should have quoted Scott because i was trying to clairify why the cover may have been that high when he went.