Just had to put my dog down...

RC K9

Yeah, all those vets overcharging..... those assholes who go to school for 8 years and go $200k into debt just for vet school and making that 50-70k a year are just out to rape people's wallets...

give me a fucking break.

Damn, man. A little understanding or sympathy? I'm sure he's just a bit out of shape and he can't vent about his dog dying, so he's venting at the situation. Anyone can understand that. And if you can't, at least try not to be quite such a dick about it. I don't know why you seemed to take is so personally, but I'm sure it wasn't personal slight.

That being said...

Having first hand experience with vet clinics, ie; personal experience, working at them, very good friends with multiple vets/owners, and having been involved in 'behind the scenes' buying/selling for a vet clinic, I'm well aware that many of them overcharge. Not all of them, many of them. One of their favorites ways to do it - innoculations. Most of your dogs innocs are not needed as often as they used to anymore due to changes in the innocs. However, they still continue with the same rules of innocs as they've always had. I won't go into this any further as it varies from place to place, doctor to doctor.

I will tell you this, don't be afraid to haggle with them. You'd be suprised at some of the discounts you can get, etc if you're hurting. And for my dogs, I don't mind doing it if it'll help.

Having first hand experience with vet clinics, ie; personal experience, working at them, very good friends with vets/owners, and having been involved in 'behind the scenes' buying/selling for a vet clinic, I'm well aware what many of them overcharge. Not all of them, many of them. One of their favorites ways to do it - innoculations. Most of your dogs innocs are not needed as often as they used to anymore due to changes in the innocs. However, they still continue with the same rules of innocs as they've always had. I won't go into this any further as it varies from place to place, doctor to doctor.

I will tell you this, don't be afraid to haggle with them. You'd be suprised at some of the discounts you can get, etc if you're hurting. And for my dogs, I don't mind doing it if it'll help.

My soon to be fiancee is a veterinarian. So in other words, what I posted, is true, real life, arm's length personal experience.

The only places she would describe like that are mainly Banfield practices.

The other thing is, what is "overcharging" to you? Making a profit on it? You know they have to cover overhead and pay themselves don't you? Only ~10% of veterinarians in this country make over $120k/year. An M.D. who has just as much schooling and the same school debt makes an AVERAGE of around $175k/year. Now, you are going to sit here and tell me that places "overcharge"? Sure, Banfield is a corporation, they overcharge the hell out of people, same with VCA. Sally Jo's Vet Hospital with 3 vets and 6 techs is just trying to pay the bills and make a living.

Edited by LJ

Damn, man. A little understanding or sympathy? I'm sure he's just a bit out of shape and he can't vent about his dog dying, so he's venting at the situation. Anyone can understand that. And if you can't, at least try not to be quite such a dick about it. I don't know why you seemed to take is so personally, but I'm sure it wasn't personal slight.

I'll say it again, look who I quoted. That was aimed at OGRE's comments.

Thats sucks to here Man we had a Siberian Husky Named Dakota He's been dead for about 3 years now but he was 9 when he died from a Heart Attack i remember it so well What was so bad My son loved that dog so much hes only 4 now but he sleeps with a stuffed animal husky named dakota And hes always tells me and my wife that hes up in heaven and he sleeps with his angel

Yeah, all those vets overcharging..... those assholes who go to school for 8 years and go $200k into debt just for vet school and making that 50-70k a year are just out to rape people's wallets...

give me a fucking break.

I'm talking about the cost of killing an animal, not making it better. Thanks for being a whiney bitch and overreacting.