Anyone heard of/have experience with Merchants Insurance for Home or Auto?

Bam

I've been shopping around this past week for better rates on my 2 cars and my house, seems the best rate is through Merchants Insurance, however I have never heard of them.

Anyone have any input to knowledge of them, thanks.

i havent heard of them, but i dont think insurance is one of those things i'd be looking for the lowest cost possible.

call my agents office tomorrow (state farm) 856.2600 and ask for alyssa. rich courter is the agent, but alyssa is the one to talk to. i think ive met rich once. lol. tell her evan wyant sent you. good people there, and it's great i can call in and say "hey alyssa, its evan" and she has all my shit pulled up.

and for an example, my brother was paying a little over $150/mo for bare minimum coverage thru progressive (12500/25000/7500 IIRC) and when he switched to SF, they got him 100/300/100 for $100.xx/mo...so like 8x+ more coverage for 1/3 less.

I'm not looking for the cheapest possible, just making sure my rates are competitive. I recieved the recommendation of Merchants from a good friend, but just wanted some further confirmation.

I currently pay $335/6months for $300k csl full coverage, and $520/year for homeowners.

I'll call them in the AM, thanks Evan.

Maybe you should check with Progressive and Liberty Mutual, lol. I've had them for going on 4 years on both car and house.

My gf has state farm and pays $75/month for the same coverage on her contour, that's why I was leary about checking out statefarm.