Verizon Early Upgrade Promotion...Legit??

Bigbird

http://gizmofusion.com/2010/05/leak-verizon-early-upgrade-promotion/

Evidently Verizon's got an early upgrade promotion going on? I didn't know about this, but would sure like to take advantage since my Curve is having its fair share of issues (refurb from Insurion).

Can anyone confirm this?? (BC you work for Verizon right)

If you are a Verizon VIP, you can "New every 2" after 12 Months.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Tell me more about this said vip??? I have 9 months left on my every 2 but if I can get some sweet deal I would be all over it...

I was able to upgrade 30 days early. Just call *686 i think? and tell them you want to upgrade early and its only 30 days until your contract is up. They remarked my account and I went into best buy and got a new phone with promotional price.

Tell me more about this said vip??? I have 9 months left on my every 2 but if I can get some sweet deal I would be all over it...

I dunno how I became one.... I have used them for ~ 10 years and have never been late or missed a bill. One day, I got a thing in the mail saying I was one...

KillJoy

I dunno how I became one.... I have used them for ~ 10 years and have never been late or missed a bill. One day, I got a thing in the mail saying I was one...

KillJoy

+1

"Welcome to the Verizon VIP Program"

"Heres a shiny plastic card that indicates you have given us far too much money over the years".

I was able to upgrade 30 days early. Just call *686 i think? and tell them you want to upgrade early and its only 30 days until your contract is up. They remarked my account and I went into best buy and got a new phone with promotional price.

You can upgrade your Verizon phone and renew your contract 90 days before the expiration of your current contract.

Benner, how did you upgrade early? I've got till July 8th till I can use an upgrade (a different number on our plan...my 80 year old grandpa doesn't need a new phone does he?). I've used all my insurance replacements for this phone, and its kinda struggling. I'll try what Trowa said since I'm at 31 days, maybe that, combined with the fact they've got this promotion going on will help. But yeah, how did you manage that, Benner??

Benner, how did you upgrade early? I've got till July 8th till I can use an upgrade (a different number on our plan...my 80 year old grandpa doesn't need a new phone does he?). I've used all my insurance replacements for this phone, and its kinda struggling. I'll try what Trowa said since I'm at 31 days, maybe that, combined with the fact they've got this promotion going on will help. But yeah, how did you manage that, Benner??

Just go to any Verizon store and they will hook you up. If you only have 31 days left on your current contract, you are ok for an upgrade. If you don't beleive me, just log onto your online account with Verizon, it will tell you how long till you can upgrade for free.

You can upgrade your Verizon phone and renew your contract 90 days before the expiration of your current contract.

I tried that but they said they could only do it 30 days or less. May have to do with having 2 lines on my account both with different contract end dates.

Didn't try anything special. Just went on vzw.com (verizon wireless), logged into my account and bought a new phone. Last time I upgraded early I went into the store and just bought the new phone. Only condition was that I had to give them my old phone.

Just go to any Verizon store and they will hook you up. If you only have 31 days left on your current contract, you are ok for an upgrade. If you don't beleive me, just log onto your online account with Verizon, it will tell you how long till you can upgrade for free.

I'm not so sure they will. We've been badgering them for a while now and the best they offered me was a refurbed Curve 8530 (mines an 8330) for $130. That's just a waste when if I wait a month I could get that phone brand new for $30. I'll try and call the *686 thing though.

I'm not so sure they will. We've been badgering them for a while now and the best they offered me was a refurbed Curve 8530 (mines an 8330) for $130. That's just a waste when if I wait a month I could get that phone brand new for $30. I'll try and call the *686 thing though.

I have done this at the 90 day mark before my contracted ended, the last 3 times I upgraded. Like I said, log into your online account with Verizon and check your phone, it will tell you if you are ready for an upgrade. My guess if you have 2 lines with different renewal dates, they just pulled the one or main line and didn't look at the line you are looking to upgrade. If you don't want to do this, call or stop into a Verizon store, they can tell you if you can upgrade yet or not.