iPhone 4

Earl1647545488

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Return period is 30 days For AT&T and if you just bought a iPhone, return it, because they will make you pay full price for a iPhone 4, that price is over $600. My date of upgrade is not until January 31st 2011. It will only allow me to upgrade by paying full price. But i am just going to hand my mom my 3GS and add a new line and iphone for her and swap sim cards. She will get my 3GS and I will buy the IPhone 4. She will not pay for a phone and her monthy bill through us will only be about $45. We have the 1400 min family plan and have over 8000 rollover minutes. Their family plans are retarded, the one we are on is too big, the one below is too small.

Hey Ben, you have an iPad right? If you only had a iPhone 3G, and had money for an iPad or an iPhone 4, and could only get one, which one would you get? That's the dilemma I'm facing. I worry that I'll spend a ton of money on an iPad and it's going to end up collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. Do you still use it regularly?

I'm kinda confused by this upgrade thing. I bought the 3G at the new customer price in January 2009. I then paid full price for the 3GS when it first came out a year ago so I assumed I would be eligible for new customer price on the 4. I'll have to check into it at a store I guess.

Hey Ben, you have an iPad right? If you only had a iPhone 3G, and had money for an iPad or an iPhone 4, and could only get one, which one would you get? That's the dilemma I'm facing. I worry that I'll spend a ton of money on an iPad and it's going to end up collecting dust on a shelf somewhere. Do you still use it regularly?

I will use both, but if I had to choose, iPhone 4 hands down, more features. I use my iPad as a connivence thing inside the house. I really wish it had half the features the iPhone 4 has.

I'm kinda confused by this upgrade thing. I bought the 3G at the new customer price in January 2009. I then paid full price for the 3GS when it first came out a year ago so I assumed I would be eligible for new customer price on the 4. I'll have to check into it at a store I guess.

Which size did you buy?

Are you sure you paid 600 for a 32gb or did you pay 500 the $100 off early upgrade price?

16Gb was 500 full and 400 for $100 off early upgrade price.

Which size did you buy?

Are you sure you paid 600 for a 32gb or did you pay 500 the $100 off early upgrade price?

16Gb was 500 full and 400 for $100 off early upgrade price.

I bought the 32 GB one... I *think* I paid 499.00 for it so maybe I got the early upgrade deal. I'll have to double check against my checking account statement.

No. AT&T doesn't even have anything remotely close to a 4G network. Look at their fucking 3G pile of pity for a good comparison.

AT&T is maxed at 7.2mbps right now, and are about to upgrade to LTE. Where T-Mobile is bumping their speed up to 21mbps, but havent mentioned anything about going to LTE, which is capable of 100mbps. Where's CDMA going to go?

One of the cool apps I have for my iPad is screen sharing, my Mac connects to the iPad and uses the iPad as a second monitor when I would like it to do so, all done with no wires, just uses Wi-Fi.

For less than the price of your iPad I was able to buy a 28" lcd :p

For less than the price of your iPad I was able to buy a 28" lcd :p

I already have a 24" LED CInema Display for it, This is a Third monitor, and the app cost me $10. This is for a PORTABLE labtop you tard, I can throw both in a back pack and it is still smaller and lighter than any Laptop you own, and I have 2 devices in the bag. Can you travel with your 28" monitor and use it as a computer by itself if you wanted too? No you can't, sit down and be quiet.

When you bought the 3GS, they gave you discounted rate, so that tacted on 6 months to your expiration date. My wife's contract was up in Sept, cause she had a 3G and mine was not up until Feb...cause I got the 3GS.

You are not eligible for discounted price on iPhone 4 cause you expire in Jan or Feb, due to 3GS purchase. So had I stayed with ATT, i'd have to pay full price for that new phone. Steph could upgrade for cheap.

So in other words.......PWNED!

When you bought the 3GS, they gave you discounted rate, so that tacted on 6 months to your expiration date. My wife's contract was up in Sept, cause she had a 3G and mine was not up until Feb...cause I got the 3GS.

You are not eligible for discounted price on iPhone 4 cause you expire in Jan or Feb, due to 3GS purchase. So had I stayed with ATT, i'd have to pay full price for that new phone. Steph could upgrade for cheap.

So in other words.......PWNED!

Well... According to AT&T if you dial *639# it will tell you if you are eligible for an upgrade... It tells me "as a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an 18 upgrade fee." So, looks like I am eligible. At this point it's a matter of finding out for sure how much off I will get.

Edited by Pedro

Let me know, will ya? I did the same thing.

The website said I am eligible for the new customer 2 year pricing so it sounds like you are as well. I confirmed with the store in Tuttle. :) This is making my phone decision that much harder now. I want to see a side by side of this Iphone 4 and the EVO.

I already have a 24" LED CInema Display for it, This is a Third monitor, and the app cost me $10. This is for a PORTABLE labtop you tard, I can throw both in a back pack and it is still smaller and lighter than any Laptop you own, and I have 2 devices in the bag. Can you travel with your 28" monitor and use it as a computer by itself if you wanted too? No you can't, sit down and be quiet.

It can too travel. I took that fucker to quakecon in dallas last year :)

The website said I am eligible for the new customer 2 year pricing so it sounds like you are as well. I confirmed with the store in Tuttle. :) This is making my phone decision that much harder now. I want to see a side by side of this Iphone 4 and the EVO.

I haven't seen a dual review iPhone 4 vs. the EVO but here's one against the Incredible:

http://www.iphone-droid.com/iphone-4g-vs-droid-incredible.aspx