Review: Driven Alumitech D-3 grips

Hoblick

well i got my grips in today. ordered them off ebay. i was looking into these or the rizoma grips, both are about the same. except the rizoma grips on the throttle side, the grip is also the throttle tube. i went with the driven grips because

1. the rizomas are a little more expensive

2. i didnt want to take off my throttle cables and what not.

break down pre install..

price $49.95 shipped to my door, and i received them quickly too!

aestitically the same as the rizoma girps

kreton gel grips a+

you can change out the color of the aluminum collars if you like, black collars come standard.

you can also order any color grip you want.. i chose the grey grips

post install..

very easy install. does not require grip glue. i just used some rubbing alcohol to lube the bars/grips so they would slide easily onto the bars. also using rubbing alcohol it will evaporate and not let the grips slide after install.

i did however end up trimming a little bit of the rubber part of the grip on the throttle side, just a little bit, and if you didnt know you could never tell. it was sticking a bit rubbing either on the bar end or the throttle housing, the quick trim fixed that right up

the grips feel great, very comfy and feels good in the hand.

i havent got to ride with them yet so ill post back after a ride to say how they are on the road.

i dont know if this is gonna bother me or not, but with my hands on the bars, the actualy rubber of the grip doesnt go all the way where my hand is, i have basically my first finger that i think will rest on the aluminum collar. will it effect how it feels on my hands?? i dont know till i go for a ride.

i feel as if they will be leaps above the comfort of stock grips, but only time will tell.

flat out they look great on the bike!

i think now i wish i would have gotten black grips instead for the fact that i think the grey will get dirty very quick, and i think they stand out a bit to much. from the pictures, when i was ordering them they looked a bit darker shade of grey, but o well

all in all so far without actually road testing them id give them a 8.0 out of 10. this is based purely on looks, and feel before actually getting to put them to use.

SL370723.jpg

SL370730.jpg

SL370731.jpg

SL370732.jpg

and just because..

i ordered a new set of flush mount turn signals because the ones that were in there were some knock off korean ebay junk. i bought a set of Hot bodies smoked led flush mounts. alot of people on other forums complain about quality and say its a bad product. IMO for the money they are great turn signals, fit good, easy install and are pretty damn bright!

SL370733.jpg

Just something to consider with those. Your hand position is only going to be one spot and one spot only. Also, if you ever get stuck in the rain or your hands are sweating allot and you hit a bump and slip your hand position, that aluminum is going to make it damn easy for your hand to just slide around. Just something to think about with the upcoming season.

if you look, the grips are the same if not just a tad thicker then stock grips. the rubber runs the full length of the grips, the aluminum collars are thin, but not to thin to be chinsy, they fit over the grip itself.

the definately will help reduce vibration.

Just something to consider with those. Your hand position is only going to be one spot and one spot only. Also, if you ever get stuck in the rain or your hands are sweating allot and you hit a bump and slip your hand position, that aluminum is going to make it damn easy for your hand to just slide around. Just something to think about with the upcoming season.

sweaty hand i dont think ill worry about, since i wear gloves 100% of the time.

rain on the other hand, interesting point. i guess ill have to see, the actually gel/rubber part is super grippy so i dont know.

• 3 weeks later...

well finally got to actually test these grips out.

and they are nice, not what i was expecting out of them, but they are very nice.

very grippy, alot more cushioning than the stock grips.

i was hoping they would reduce fatigue a little bit more than they did but, i will soon add some nice bar ends, and add some weight internally in the bars.