UFC 115

SPL_Josh

Liddellol as I am now going to call him should just hang em up. He used to be my favorite fighter because he was such a badass, now he is a laughing stock that anyone can knock out it seems. Maybe the time has just come for him to move onto something outside of fighting before he ends up brain dead from KO shots to the head.

Liddellol as I am now going to call him should just hang em up. He used to be my favorite fighter because he was such a badass, now he is a laughing stock that anyone can knock out it seems. Maybe the time has just come for him to move onto something outside of fighting before he ends up brain dead from KO shots to the head.

+1 Love Chuck but he is now the Rocky of MMA. His skills are just to far gone and way to much ring wear. I hated this fight because I really liked both guys but I was pulling for Ace more.

I love the fact Franklin got his arm broken early in the fight and had no intentions of backing down.

+1 Love Chuck but he is now the Rocky of MMA. His skills are just to far gone and way to much ring wear. I hated this fight because I really liked both guys but I was pulling for Ace more.

I love the fact Franklin got his arm broken early in the fight and had no intentions of backing down.

like actually broken?

Yeah he broke his hand blocking a liddellol kick. I think it was his left hand though, would be totally insane if it were his right hand that was broken and he ko'd him with it. That would've been awesome. I too was torn in this fight since I like both of these fighters. I have personally met Rich and he is/was an awesome guy, very friendly and didn't have that "I'm famous and better then you" attitude.

Chuck being compared to Rocky is pretty dead on except Rocky always won in the end lol (except for the first Rocky). Chuck has lost I believe 4 of his last 5 via KO, someone correct me if I am wrong. The man that used to strike fear with his right hand, has now become known for a glass jaw, that anyone can knockout.

I think honestly this starts the decline of UFC, with stars like Hughes retiring, Liddellol hopefully retiring, Tito in the doghouse (again), there just isn't the marquee names remaining. Sure there is Lesnar, GSP and Silva, but people are getting tired of seeing GSP and Silva fight/dance and dominate everyone. Until those 2 fight each other (which I dont ever see happening) then there really isn't much the UFC can throw out there anymore to boost intrest. I know the ratings aren't down yet, but they will start to be when the main events are 1 "star" vs "that other guy". Do you really think people will pay to watch Rashad Evans fight some no name guy?

I'm a huge Liddell fan, he was in GREAT shape for the fight (apparently the best since early in his career) and had been working hard and training his ass off. I was really hoping he would make a comeback and actually be pretty good again even at his age, but I think last night proved that once you lose the jaw, you will never get it back. No doubt he'll retire now.

yeah chuck actually looked really good the whole round. he just dosen't have the chin anymore. that punch should not have ko'd him. and this isn't the decline of the ufc. shogun, lesner, franklin, silvia, machida, evans, jaskon, ect are all still great draws. I think franklin is getting better and better at 205.

Evans= Movie Star who just lost

Lesnar= Biggest draw in UFC and biggest name right now

Shogun=...really?

Franklin= First win in last 3 was last night...not sold on him again just yet

Machida= Boring fighter just like Silva and GSP

Evans= People hate this guy

You really think Evans and Machida could draw the ratings that say Tito, Liddellol would?

They need to start throwing catchweight fights w anderson silva and whoever else. make shit interesting instead of watching guys like him and machida dance around for 25 mins defending their belt. not fair to the fans and pay per view buyers. this will eventually blow up in their face if dana doesnt seriously change some shit.

Evans= Movie Star who just lost

Lesnar= Biggest draw in UFC and biggest name right now

Shogun=...really?

Franklin= First win in last 3 was last night...not sold on him again just yet

Machida= Boring fighter just like Silva and GSP

Evans= People hate this guy

You really think Evans and Machida could draw the ratings that say Tito, Liddellol would?

jackson was rusty, he WILL get the belt back. plus hes a great talker

shogun, yes really. great all around fighter.

the rest I agree with

ufc has evolved into complete MMA. its not just stand up and get knocked out. (i.e I thought the kampman fight was a great fight)

my point is...it hasn't lost anything over the yrs.

It hasn't lost anything over the years because they have had fighters stay with the company for so long. Now those fighters are getting old and retiring and the young guys just aren't up to the same level as those that came before. That is my point, I love UFC and hope it continues to grow, I just don't think its going to work out like that. Like the previous poster said they need to throw catchweight bouts or ratings will start to fall. Hell they had to resort to bringing in Kimbo in order to spike ratings of Ultimate Fighter..look how long they played him out as to coming back after losing, only to not come back until after the season ended.

Its just like every other sport. People get old then young people replace them. Dr.J to Magic/Bird to MJ to Kobe/LBJ.Its the cycle of sports.

This.

I remember watching Royce fight early on...then his decline. I remember Shamrock dominating....then getting worked over 3 times by Tito.

Liddell and some of our other fav's are in fact getting older, but it's all cyclical. The sport will continue.

PS ~ I am a huge Liddell fan, but just as I was a huge MJ fan, ya gotta know when to hang it up.

I am also a HUGE chuck fan but he is starting to remind me of Ken Shamrock where they were a monster then now they are just using the name to try to boost younger fighters. I think they were hoping to see the next randy in chuck but he just like many have said can not take the headshots like he used to...