24 heures le mans, ZR1 vettes

SpaceGhost

Fucking BULLSHIT, god damn Peugeot, all their POS had to retire anyway. :mad:

Corvette Racing's bid for its first GT2 title in the 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans ended this morning at 9:42 a.m. (Sunday, June 13, 2010) when the No. 64 Corvette C6.R retired with an apparent engine problem. Driver Oliver Gavin nursed the car to a marshal's station at Mulsanne corner, where it was pushed behind the barriers and officially retired.

"The guys fixed the car brilliantly after the crash, and I was able to run my fastest lap of the race with a rebuilt car," Gavin said. "The Corvette Racing team is fantastic, and I literally trust them with my life. I'm impressed with their spirit, guts, and determination to take on everybody. We had the fastest car for 18 hours, but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

*"It's frustrating that we get so far into it, we prove that we have the speed and the pace to win the race, and then a crazy move by one of the Peugeot drivers forced Manu off the road at a very dangerous spot," said Gavin. "Everybody has to share the track; we are racing four different classes, and every driver has to have respect for the others. That accident was huge, but it shows the strength of the car that Manu was able to drive back to the pits and climb out without an injury."

After six wins in the GTS/GT1 class at Le Mans, Corvette Racing was bidding for its first GT2 title in the world's most famous sports car race. The Corvettes qualified 1-2 and dominated the race until a series of mishaps took them out of the running.

Yep, wasn't too happy watching that.

I have a soft spot for the Compuware Vettes; I was lucky enough to go to a weekend outing at Mid Oho that included some one-on-one time with the drivers (from 2008), some in-garage time, and some actual pit crew-during-the-race time. I was thoroughly impressed with their racing operation. And there is no explaining how those V8s sound from 1" away. :)

It did suck for the Corvette team, they clearly had everyone covered in GT2...and unlike the Peugeot they would have had no issues with reliability to make it to the end. I believe they stated the failed engine after the repair was due to it spinning backwards when they got turned.

However, I can't be disappoitned when Audi and Porsche come out on top.

It did suck for the Corvette team, they clearly had everyone covered in GT2...and unlike the Peugeot they would have had no issues with reliability to make it to the end. I believe they stated the failed engine after the repair was due to it spinning backwards when they got turned.

However, I can't be disappoitned when Audi and Porsche come out on top.

That did work out nicely for you! I was rooting for the ZR1s I didn't give a shit about the Prototypes.