Beef Jerky!

2 Sweet

+1 on Elk Jerky, but I say go Pemmican or go home as far as store-bought, readily available Beef Jerkey. Best "quality" I've found.

I ate 3 bags of it while towing a trailer across goddamn Kansas.

i have yet to find some one who has better jerky than what i make. im not trying to toot my own horn but its hard to find a good balance of sweet/spicy/rich/smokey and last but not least friggin tasty. I've been making deer jerky since i was about 10 years old (as long as ive been hunting) and i do believe ive finally found the perfect blend of awesomely balaced deliciousness. id have some left from this past year if my sisters asshole of a boyfriend hadnt eaten all 15 lbs of it when he came to visit around cristmas. but i guess thats a small price to pay for a xmas gift plus gratitude for him serving in the military and all.

i have yet to find some one who has better jerky than what i make. im not trying to toot my own horn but its hard to find a good balance of sweet/spicy/rich/smokey and last but not least friggin tasty. I've been making deer jerky since i was about 10 years old (as long as ive been hunting) and i do believe ive finally found the perfect blend of awesomely balaced deliciousness. id have some left from this past year if my sisters asshole of a boyfriend hadnt eaten all 15 lbs of it when he came to visit around cristmas. but i guess thats a small price to pay for a xmas gift plus gratitude for him serving in the military and all.

If urs is do good start making it in a bulk an sell it on here... it'll sell quick I know ide buy a few bags.

If we can keep it under the table im sure we can arrange something like that. the only reason i havent started selling venison jerky (deer jerky) is because there are so many regulations about selling wild/game animals to the public. health coads to follow shit like that. ill run a test batch on beef and see if the flavors mari the same as they do with venison (cross your fingers) but i doubt it will taste the same (as good) as venison. now if someone has some venison roast left over in the freezer i would gladly wip up a batch and see what everyone thinks. Edited by Red Beard

slip me some . . . under that there table.

I have a dehydrator and used to make my own jerky, I really need a good recipe, i like sweet/smokey stuff. but it is better than BOught because of the price that's for sure.

If you are going to pay the moeny for name brand store bought jerky, Oberto is yummy.

I love the jerky at bp.. Buy the jerky all the time when I go in

Hell ya it like 1.60 for a 4x8 piece and if you catch it there at the right time it's really fresh and fingers free lol

I've seen it there and always wondered about it. I'll have to try some.

Yeah that's right, a thread about beef jerky. Pretty sweet, I know.

Anyways, I love this stuff. If it weren't so pricey, I'd eat it every day. I really like the Jack Link jerky. Teriyaki, smokehouse, BBQ, whatever...I love it all. As good as it is, I've been told that homemade beef jerky is way better than the commercial stuff they have at most stores.

I don't have time to make it myself, it's pretty much an all day job if you do that. So where can you buy the homemade stuff? I'm curious as to what you guys think, and what you prefer. What's your favorite jerky? :cool:

I make my own and its way better,now if the kids would not eat it as fast as I make it ..lol