Driving record!

Twistedrx7

How did you go that long without having to renew your license and therefore finding out that you had a suspended license because your were unable to renew? Something sounds fishy...

I had no idea it was suspended. I was 20 when I got my license in Ohio so I didn't get a new one until 25, again my fault for not updating my address on my license. I am lazy.

Story goes like this: In WV you have to have your car inspected every year. At the time I had a 89 Olds Cutlass with a split front bumper cover (Dec 2000). They failed me because of that and within the month I moved up to Columbus and I forgot to go back and get it inspected (I never said I didn't deserve it).

I drive down to WV in June of 01 to see my sister for graduation and a Sheriff pulls me over stating that the inspection sticker (bottom left hand corner of the windshield of all WV tagged cars) was invalid. Wrote me a ticket and told me to just get the car registered in OH since I lived there, he told me it was no big deal and there would be no charges if I did that.

So, I move around a few places in Columbus within this 4-5 year span and end up settling down by the Eastland Mall of Hamilton. I receive no mail from WV or OH stating my license had been suspended (My fault as stated above). I think it was 2005 that I was pulled over, ironically, driving to WV. This was in St. Clairseville (sp) (What a fucking armpit of a town).

The police officer (state trooper) was very nice and told me the only reason he had to impound my car and take me to jail was because I was so far away from home.

This story continues but its already a book. Basically, pay your tickets, update your address on your license and PAY ANY AND ALL REINSTATEMENT FEES!! Even if the Judge "gives" you your license back you still have to pay that fee (In my case in both states!)

I had been pulled over numerous times in the time period with nothing happening. Heck, I was even pulled over with half of CR (at the time) and I know they ran my plates because of suspected racing.

All legal fees and past tickets paid cost me around 5k. Worst experience I've ever had with the law.

t-minus 3 days until i turn 25, and a couple months from my insurance renewing and hopefully dropping a little bit more...its already WAY lower than it was a couple years ago, so i can't hope for too much. its been nice having a clean record for a couple years.

but insurance does sometimes go back 5 years. i cant remember what company it was with that did so, ive been with like 4 or 5 over the years, and now with state farm...it very well could have been SF that went back 5 years. i dunno.

im glad i have a good record, i cant stand cort rooms and cops trying to get all high and mighty with me (no offence dragknee) when they pull me over for going 29 in a 25 after just exiting a 35mph zone (it was 20 yards behind the spot i pulled over too) its cops like that that give good cops like dragknee a bad name.