Suspension Install Quote

Prodeje79

Hello!

My 1995 Nissan Maxima GXE needs the passenger side rear strut replaced, of course it is best to replace both rears at the same time.

I am thinking to go ahead and replace both front and rear. After reading a few sites, it appears to be a 2 hour job with air tools for all 4.

FSM for rear: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/maxima/1995/ra.pdf

FSM for front: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/maxima/1995/fa.pdf

I am currently running H&R Springs with Koni shocks. I imagine it is probably a good idea to replace it all?

I am leaning to go with H&R again, but I am thinking going with Tokico blues to keep the price down.

Please let me know what you would be willing to do charge for this install.

Thanks!

Mike

Not sure how many miles you've got on the springs, but generally they outlast shocks/struts by a long mile.

Also, with koni's, I believe they are rebuildable, so that'd probably save you some coin while maintaining a nicer shock/strut combo, if you can wait for the downtime. I'd contact koni or a dealer directly to check, I remember hearing prices a few years back and they weren't bad at all.

Just my .02

Not sure how many miles you've got on the springs, but generally they outlast shocks/struts by a long mile.

Also, with koni's, I believe they are rebuildable, so that'd probably save you some coin while maintaining a nicer shock/strut combo, if you can wait for the downtime. I'd contact koni or a dealer directly to check, I remember hearing prices a few years back and they weren't bad at all.

Just my .02

IIRC Koni gives a lifetime warranty on their shocks. I just put on a set of FSD's and they said they will replace/repair them for life.

:confused:

EDIT: Per Website:

"This quality allows KONI North America to offer a limited lifetime warranty on our shocks."

Good info, regarding free replacement unfortunately, I am not the one who put the konis on here, the original owner did.

http://www.koni-na.com/pdf/warranty.pdf

They do have advanced replacement too!

Rebuild-able sounds interesting though.

Sometimes companies can be lenient on certain policies. I would call them, and tell them you are a good customer and put them on all of your daily and track cars. You lost the paperwork when you bought them, and was hoping they could help out.

With the right attitude, they just might help you out. Definitely worth a try.

Sometimes companies can be lenient on certain policies. I would call them, and tell them you are a good customer and put them on all of your daily and track cars. You lost the paperwork when you bought them, and was hoping they could help out.

With the right attitude, they just might help you out. Definitely worth a try.

It is worth a shot! I left a voicemail with Koni.

I do know the original owner, I wonder if he has the receipt, let alone if it says him name on it!