A+ for Rascal Unit Veterinary Clinic

RC K9

Just went there for the first time with my two dogs and all I have to say is amazing. I got all 3 shots and blood samples to test for heart worm and a test done on my one dogs ear to see what the cause of the infection was, ear cleaning solution, and 1 month dose of heartworm/flea/tick medication for $153 out the door! I could not believe how little I spent and how awesome the staff was. They definitely get my endorsement.

I'm about to take one of my dogs their to get her fixed. After reading this, I'm very happy with my decision.

They fixed both of my boxers and do most of their general health care also. They are great people. They do tons of free work too for area humane societies. Really nice to see a organization like this now days, doesn't rip off their customers and gives back to the community - both human and animal wise.

Great stuff to know. Thanks for confirming what I had thought and heard in the past. We're down to one dog, but a new pup is forthcoming. We have pet insurance but any savings is much appreciated. Hopefully our girl now stays in great health. So far, she's been perfect.

They fixed both of my boxers and do most of their general health care also. They are great people. They do tons of free work too for area humane societies. Really nice to see a organization like this now days, doesn't rip off their customers and gives back to the community - both human and animal wise.

They don't "rip off customers" because a large majority of their operating budget comes from donations. They use their grant monies and donations to pay the overhead and then offer services to others 'at cost'. They are not a good measure of who is a "rip off" and who isn't.

Don't get me wrong, they are a great service to the community and I have met members of the staff at various functions I get dragged to, but they have some nice wealthy donors behind their operations.

Another reason they are able to offer services for less is becuse of the amount of surgeries they are able to perform. They state they are capable to performing more surgeries than most vets and because of this volume it helps cover their costs.

Another reason they are able to offer services for less is becuse of the amount of surgeries they are able to perform. They state they are capable to performing more surgeries than most vets and because of this volume it helps cover their costs.

Yeah, they do a lot of orthopedic surgeries. My gf's clinic does like 4 surgeries a day, but where she works in Lancaster their prices are close to the Rascal Unit, but that is because their overhead is a lot lower than most places in Columbus. When the current owners bought out the orig. owner he donated the building and some of the older equipment to them allowing them to operate much more efficiently.

But, with them being a 501© they get to pay a lot of their support staff out of donations, pay rent out of donations etc. If they had to rely strictly on revenues, they would never be able to make it with the costs that being in dublin creates. I am sure the rent on that building is 8-10k per month, and they have a staff twice as large as a 5 vet clinic.

We took our cat to the vet at cheshire road and africa road by sticky fingers. Something was blocking his passageway out the rear, and nearly killed him. They charged us 350$ to clear the blockage. Ouch

Dr. Mann, good guy.

Its nice to know they do look at exotics too

There is also an exotic vet in Reynoldsburg, cannot remember the name.

there is also a guy in Worthington named Dr. Donn. He does a lot of holistic and exotics.