Speedway...

Putty

Has been alot of complaints about credit companies and their service charges to small businesses, but I hardly call speedway a small business and think thats taking it a bit far. If so I willd definitly not buy gas from speedway.

I understand mom and papa's pizza shop complaining about the credit fees but speedway... Common.

i too will stop shopping there, however, alot of people are willing to pay for convenience. if all thats available is speedway, they will pay for it. however, on the same token, when theres a speedway, theres generally a BP near by. but, since people are all against BP now, they will think twice and spend the extra 3$ just so they arent buying BP gas. AHHHHH wtf

I heard this from a pretty decent source. Let me go back and question this a bit farther.

Is this for Debit transactions?

Because if they meant for credit transactions, I wouldn't call someone who doesn't understand the service agreements of the major credit card companies a '"decent source" lol

im not worried about it, but i only get gas from speedway, so it would suck. lol

and i laughed a bit at the BP comment. i dont know of any speedway outside of ohio on recent trips ive been on (not saying theyre not there)...ive driven from columbus to pittsburgh, and down to myrtle beach, and on both trips, after the OH line, no speedways

My understanding when I heard this rumor was that it was going to be for debit transactions. As mentioned previously they can't do it for CC charges. You really shouldn't be using your card as debit at the pump anyway.

My understanding when I heard this rumor was that it was going to be for debit transactions. As mentioned previously they can't do it for CC charges. You really shouldn't be using your card as debit at the pump anyway.

this^^ my bank charges me $4.00 when I use my Debit card at a gas station as DEBIT, they told me to use it as credit and there wouldn't be a fee :cool:

Can't happen. It is against their card-member agreement.

The card companies will simply not allow them to charge to their cards = instant death. Fake rumor, nothing more.

Visa and Mastercard will pull their accounts if they charge a service charge or a minimum. It's in their TOS

yep.

im not worried about it, but i only get gas from speedway, so it would suck. lol

and i laughed a bit at the BP comment. i dont know of any speedway outside of ohio on recent trips ive been on (not saying theyre not there)...ive driven from columbus to pittsburgh, and down to myrtle beach, and on both trips, after the OH line, no speedways

There in wv ,ky too.