iOS4 is UP!

TTQ B4U

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAIL.

Fucking iTunes crashed in the middle of the update and now when I reconnect my phone it says an unknown error occurred (-9812). If it's bricked now I'm going to be pissed.

It might not have been iTunes' fault, as I have had some issues with my system responding slowly when using Firefox... but either way my phone is useless right now. Awesome.

FAIL.

Fucking iTunes crashed in the middle of the update and now when I reconnect my phone it says an unknown error occurred (-9812). If it's bricked now I'm going to be pissed.

It might not have been iTunes' fault, as I have had some issues with my system responding slowly when using Firefox... but either way my phone is useless right now. Awesome.

Just put it in DFU mode. And plug it back in and upgrade. Relax.

Hmm, like it so far. E-mail looks a bit better, camera is improved slightly, multi-tasking is nice, changing the background is something that was needed.

I did lose my Pandora account on it, though. Somehow didn't recognize any of my e-mail addresses, even though the account is still good as I have it on my Blackberry too. No biggie, and probably not Apple's fault.

It say's on Apple it's suppose to be better and not drain the better as fast as before, but how is multitasking going to help the batter life. My thoughts would be instead of me getting 3/4 of day out of a battery I'll get 1/2. I pray the iPhone4 is better at this. I am holding out till they release the white.

Just put it in DFU mode. And plug it back in and upgrade. Relax.

I had actually tried that already. Got home and was able to do it first try, but my latest backup was from February. Went back to work to sync my apps back and I'm just now about 99% restored. I lost the last few months of SMS but otherwise i think I'm good.

I seriously think there's something up with the iTunes install I did this morning. I don't usually have problems with simple electronics though I was pretty distracted today...

I had actually tried that already. Got home and was able to do it first try, but my latest backup was from February. Went back to work to sync my apps back and I'm just now about 99% restored. I lost the last few months of SMS but otherwise i think I'm good.

I seriously think there's something up with the iTunes install I did this morning. I don't usually have problems with simple electronics though I was pretty distracted today...

you are syncing between 2 PCs?

you are syncing between 2 PCs?

Yeah. Since it kept failing when I tried to finish/restore on one PC I restored to my last backup on another. The second PC restored right away without issue, other than being out of date. So I then restored my apps from the first PC and now all I'm missing is some texts.

Nice huge Honda sig pic.

It say's on Apple it's suppose to be better and not drain the better as fast as before, but how is multitasking going to help the batter life.

I'll comment on the battery part in the next day or two. So far it's not any worse if not a little better on battery life on a 3Gs.

I never have a battery issue. Using the Mophie Air Charging case FTW.