FML

SpaceGhost

so some guy decided to rear end my mom at a pretty good speed today on Maxtown Rd on her way home from work. She is fine but the car is not. Car was a 98 Civic EX with 67k and was running in tip top shape, been paid off for a long time. Now we have to find her a new car for almost nothing as it has to be totaled. I am guessing 5k from INS if we are lucky. She is on a very fixed income and cannot afford a payment. This will all fall on me as I am her only child and I have to deal with all her stuff now. I just got done with her stay in the hospital a couple of months ago. Grrrrrrrr It never ends!

Momscivic2.jpg.c3afcd9eecfedefacc712741f93ddae8.jpg

Oh and the owner of the Odyssey that she was pushed into, is PISSED! Notice the 30 day tags on her Minivan! I would be mad too. The guy told my mom he couldn't see her brake lights because of the sun. :rolleyes: He was ticketed by Westerville. Nobody was hurt.

Damn, sorry to hear. Good luck finding a used car for your mom. When my moms motor in her intrepid sized up we had to find a new car for her, ended up finding a used 08 corolla s with 4k miles for 8,000. Good luck with the search, and hope your moms ok.

She is on a very fixed income and cannot afford a payment. This will all fall on me as I am her only child and I have to deal with all her stuff now.

Looks like the car did it's just though. Mike from goclubgp had a civic hybrid that turned into an accordion with near zero cabin damage. Hit much harder too. I vote mom buy another one for sure. Good luck.

Damn, sorry to hear. Good luck finding a used car for your mom. When my moms motor in her intrepid sized up we had to find a new car for her, ended up finding a used 08 corolla s with 4k miles for 8,000. Good luck with the search, and hope your moms ok.

Can you find me that car at that price again? LOL

Glad she's alright, that looks rough!

It's no civic, but my gf has a 2000 Contour with 110k on it that has been maintained THOROUGHLY with receipts and needs nothing, if she's looking for a cheap car to replace hers. She's asking $2800.