New Wheels... Ricer poll!

JuicedH22

Wheel Color  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Wheel Color

• Graphite
    • Gold
    • Black

Yes, that is correct. However, you are looking at it from a different perspective. Right now, I am losing 3lbs per wheel in the front and 5lbs per wheel in the back. That is -53lbs of rotating inertia in each front wheel, and 88lbs in each rear wheel, or a total of 280 lbs of overall reduction. So I am only missing out on about 12%.... I still am making a huge improvement. And I am tired of hunting for speedlines, and I dont want to deal with shipping and not being able to do business in person if I can.. .which is why I went with the good local deal. Most importantly, the gain in planted power, due to reducing the loss thru wasting energy in trying to spin the heavier wheels....

i wish it was that much.

for everyone that wants to know more about this stuff.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/7075424-post47.html

So, I decided to just install them as-is... they are in such good condition... if I decide to do something different when they become full time track wheels, I will do that then.

As far as the moment of inertia, i used a solid disk for my inertia calc, which is way off, which is why I PMd AJ earlier about where he got his number. I also disagree with several of the key assumptions made in the link posted above... I am actually working my own (with another engineer) method to see if there is a quasi-accurate way to estimate savings.