Intake swap Crazy noise Help PLEASE!

Haulin_Ls4_GxP

Ok, so I just got the intake swap done. Changed to ls2 valley cover had dod shut off. The only thing that went wrong in the whole swap was I broke one of the valley bolts. Middle one on the back. So here's what happens when I start it it starts just fine runs for about 20 or 30 sec. and then starts making this crazy ass noise and starts running like shit. I shut it off and started it right back up and sure enought about 20 sec. later same thing. Someone please help me with this. Sounds like its coming from the back pass. side up top. The only thing I could think of was being that bolt was broke it wasn't putting enough pressure on the high pressure oil ports. Thanks for the help.

Ok, so I just got the intake swap done. Changed to ls2 valley cover had dod shut off. The only thing that went wrong in the whole swap was I broke one of the valley bolts. Middle one on the back. So here's what happens when I start it it starts just fine runs for about 20 or 30 sec. and then starts making this crazy ass noise and starts running like shit. I shut it off and started it right back up and sure enought about 20 sec. later same thing. Someone please help me with this. Sounds like its coming from the back pass. side up top. The only thing I could think of was being that bolt was broke it wasn't putting enough pressure on the high pressure oil ports. Thanks for the help.

Is your MAF facing the correct way? Double check make sure the connections are all correct

"Some customers may comment on an SES light, engine misfire on cylinder 1, 4, 6, or 7, and/or tick noise. This may be the result of an AFM lifter that unlocks as soon as the engine is started or one that is mechanically collapsed/stuck all of the time."

#4 is kinda in that area. swap everything back and see if it goes away. if it wasn't there before and it is now its something that you did.

will the LS2 intake not fit over the DOD valley cover? it doesn't help performance so whats the point of taking it off?

if you want to fix it swap the DOD lifters for the normal style lifter. have to take the heads off to do it though.

Its a ls1 intake and a ls2 valley cover and I could have used the dod cover but I didn't want to cut the opsu bung on the dod cover.I think oil was spraying past the o-rings on the valley cover causing the dod lifter to collapse. Friday i'm going to try to use 1/4" plugs for the high pressure ports and see if that fix's it if not i'll get new lifters.

those lifters are only pressureized when the solenoid is on. so if it was leaking then the lifter would work as normal and would not enter dod mode.

you should just cut the dod cover before you jack your car all up. also the LS1 intake flows like crap, find a LS6 intake if you want to make more power.