Jamica...anyone been?

thinking about going to Jamica for our honeymoon...more so one of the "Couples" brand resorts. has anyone been to Jamica period? how was it? we have some friends that say it is the best place in the world. Since our Florida spot is currently jacked with oil i have to find a new spot to call home for a week. speaking of oil, anyone think this is going to hit jamica by the end of the year? any other trip recommendations other than jamica?

tom

no bobsled jokes please. lol

Guest mitsumodder
Best time of my LIFE!!! stayed at couples swept away negril, nice place because its not 1 great big hotel its a bunch of 8-12 room buildings spread out across the campus.

we went to ocho rios resort---a sandals all-inclusive. it was great. i liked st. lucia a little more, but of course, it was more expensive. if you can afford it, the sandals at st. lucia was incredible. i think it was around $5,500 for a whole week, with absolutely everything included---food/airfare/activities/liquor

We stopped into Ocho Rios on a cruse for a day. We had a blast. I can't speak for all of Jamaica, but Ocho Rios was a nice small town. Somewhat regressed by our standards, but the people were great. If you are not SCUBA certified then you might consider it before going. You can learn to dive while you are there I'm sure, but I would rather spend my learning time here in the states and spend my diving time there enjoying the water. If that is to intense, then the snorkeling is awesome too.

A 3rd for Ochos Rios, stayed there about 5 years back. If you go definitely do the falls climb, and there are a couple other fun excursion type things for tourists. Good place but like most foreign tourist attractions you'll have lots of peddlers on the side trying to sell you anything for anything, but most aren't too pushy.

rofl Jamica

If you go to JaMAIca, stay to the resorts and you'll have a blast. If you leave the resorts though, bring your gun. Crime ridden cesspool of asshats.

+1

gang wars everywhere. Make sure the place you stay is secure

jamica jamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamicajamica

Best time of my LIFE!!! stayed at couples swept away negril, nice place because its not 1 great big hotel its a bunch of 8-12 room buildings spread out across the campus.

+1

I got married on the beach at Couples Swept Away in Negril. Great time.

Ive been 4 times and I must say its a blast. Negril is a must, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I love to vacations as much as the next person but overtime I round enuff money up to go I find myself going back to Negril. I just cant imagine a better place on earth

9 days on our honeymoon at an all inclusive resort (Montego Bay), fine, one day they decided to riot in the streets and burn tires and throw rocks. Later we went to the water falls, and were begged to buy every piece of junk they could put a knife to and carve, once you walked out of the falls. Rolling electric blackouts during the day, just at random. Got annoying. Granted we had a lot of sex, 9 days was too long for the resort, got boring after day 5 or 6. When we wanted to do something like swim with dolphins or snorkel or scuba dive it was extra and expensive. Would have been cool if we had the money 9 years ago, but we didn't. Meh, I wished we would have went to Hawaii and we will next year for our 10th anniversary.

Been there, all over the island.

I'd avoid Kingston at all costs and avoid Montego Bay off the resorts too. The northern part of the island - Ocho Rios, etc. is OK as long as you stay on the resort. It also get crowds from the cruise ships.

We stayed in Negril for a week and on the beach during the day, you can walk wherever you want - at night in groups you are OK as long as you stay in lit areas and most of the hotels and resorts have guards. Peddlers are the biggest issue (but fine if you want ganja, mushrooms, lobsters or bananas), but most are harmless - only had one drug head nearly assault us way away from the resorts real early in the morning - he did not have a weapon, so I got really aggressive with him and he backed right off. The other issue is the one small place on the beach caters to obese nudists, so don't plan on eating near there or you will lose your lunch. Plenty to do there and the beach is world class. I'd go again in a heartbeat. Also went to some out of the way areas on the island too and they were great!

i'd look into the sandals grande at st. lucia. it was truly the best trip i've ever been on by a longshot. our honeymoon was at turtle beach resort in barbados, which i also enjoyed more than jamaica. still had a blast in jamaica.

I would not go there because of what was already said above, alot of crime....

we went to playa del carmen for our honey moon, went to apple vacation and had an all inclusive 5 star resort, and had a blast, I think it was around 2500.... we've been to Playa twice now and love it there.

Like John said above, if you can swing Hawaii, go there instead.... best vacation hands down that I've ever had... water was amazing, beaches were beautiful... just make sure to bring your wallet because that place is $$$