Car Sales/Finance People

wagner

I have a co-worker who is getting screwed by the government right now. Long story short she had some issues with a debt repaid getting reported properly and now it has affected her credit.

Even with the fact she has an official letter from the department stating everything is paid it has not reflected on her credit report. Now she can’t get a car loan because of this and is in need of one due her paid off car just died.

Any thoughts on how she can get around this? She was told it will be close to 90 days before everything is reflected “officially” on her credit report. I thought she could try to get in a car at a higher interest rate until all of this clears then refinance.

If you need more info to give a correct response let me know and I will ask her for it. Never know there might be a sale or a loan to be had out of this...

what exactly is the debt, is it tax liens?

Army national guard was paying for school and she failed a quarter. She had to pay it back, which she did on time. The department she was dealing with did not report it correctly so it became a hit against her credit.

She got it all paid back and has a letter that says it was paid back over a year ago, in full, and was never late.

Got to love government workers and how accurate the are.

Are you sure thats the only thing on her credit? With just one bad account she still should be able to get a loan, my guess would be there are also other negative things being reported.

The way she explained it that was it.

Filing the disputes is what she should do. Also look over the reports for anything else negative. As an additional heads-up though, that refinancing later idea won't work unless she puts a decent initial downpayment on the car.