Tire Rack...

TA In Progress

......sucks. Trying to get any kind of warranty from them is damn near impossible. The people you deal with on the phone for warranty issues are the most unprofessional people I have ever met. I have bought 2 sets of tires from them and each set had 3 tires that were out of round right out of the box. I will never buy anything from them again.

Funny you posted this as I was logging in to post exactly the opposite experience.

I just had Tire Rack come through 110% with flying colors. Back in Februrary I purchased four Goodyear Eagle F1's for my MS3. Long story short, after extensive testing and ruling out all things, Wheel Medic was the only group that found two defective tires.

I called tire rack and with nearly 7,000 miles on them, they still said "no problem" and gave me overnight Fed Ex labels for the tire. All I had to do was purchase four more, any brand, etc..from them and then send my returns to them.

Today I received 100% credit for the tires and shipping charges.

Over the years I've purchased four-five sets of tires from them with no issues. This is the first time I've had a problem and I blame Goodyear as they were definitely defective. I was warned about the brand too.

Anyway, good luck with your issue. My MS3 is riding on a new set of Pirelli Pzero's that Wheel Medic installed and got balanced out.

......sucks. Trying to get any kind of warranty from them is damn near impossible. The people you deal with on the phone for warranty issues are the most unprofessional people I have ever met. I have bought 2 sets of tires from them and each set had 3 tires that were out of round right out of the box. I will never buy anything from them again.

What is this out of round you speak of? and have you had the tires road forced?

You can swing by my Discount Tire and see whats really up with them.

Who told you they were out of round? Only way that will happen is if the person had a road force machine and it said so or they did it by eye sight witch is not very true..

What is this out of round you speak of? and have you had the tires road forced?

You can swing by my Discount Tire and see whats really up with them.

Who told you they were out of round? Only way that will happen is if the person had a road force machine and it said so or they did it by eye sight witch is not very true..

are you still on Sawmill ? I went back twice to have my F1's rebalanced (Road force) and then even to another location in Indy when I was on the road. The first time at Sawmill...issues.....second time, they were spot on...at least according to the Indy location.

I begged everyone to look at the tires, rims, something to see where the vibration in the steering was coming from. None of the three visits yielded anything other than I was SOL and that they could keep trying to get them as close to zero as possible.

Took the MS3 to wheel medic and Jack, the older fellow out back, put it on an old fashion balance and noticed the wheel balance was good, but the tires had a noticeable wobble/bump in them. He was surprised a road force machine didn't pick it up. Rims are good.

All that time wasted. Put on a new set of Pirelli's and all is good.

I'm not at sawmill, I got transferred to Brice Rd....

I hope I was not the person that said they would only "try"

I tell customers the facts or bring them out back and show them.

If they were from us they could have cert them out or got you into something else on spot.

We have a 30 day ride guarantee.. Don't like em bring em back.

If they were another persons tires I do not know why they did not tell you straight up what was going on with them.

98% of the time all of our tires are spot on, nut there are the 2% that are out of round and get onto a customers car. It happens and anyone who deals tires can tell you this. Bummer about your visit to discount, Visit there web page and let them know how you feel through there Survey. THEY WILL LISTEN....

The first set was roadforced by Dave when he was at NTB downtown and determined bad. Second set was not roadforced, but the car had no vib. issues before new tires, and is barely driveable now. After a second visit to the tire shop, the balance was determined good (I watched them, I'm not an idiot) and there is a very pronounced wobble/out of roundness. There is at least 1/4" of side to side movement on the sidewalls of 3 tires (not to mention up and down movement of the tread) which I'm confident is causing my issue. My issue is with Tire Rack and the unprofessional attitude of their people (have spoken to several), as well as their resistance to do anything about the issue. Both sets of tires were installed by their "recommended installers", and then today they tell me the installers don't know what they're doing.

Funny you posted this as I was logging in to post exactly the opposite experience.

I just had Tire Rack come through 110% with flying colors. Back in Februrary I purchased four Goodyear Eagle F1's for my MS3. Long story short, after extensive testing and ruling out all things, Wheel Medic was the only group that found two defective tires.

I called tire rack and with nearly 7,000 miles on them, they still said "no problem" and gave me overnight Fed Ex labels for the tire. All I had to do was purchase four more, any brand, etc..from them and then send my returns to them.

Today I received 100% credit for the tires and shipping charges.

Over the years I've purchased four-five sets of tires from them with no issues. This is the first time I've had a problem and I blame Goodyear as they were definitely defective. I was warned about the brand too.

Anyway, good luck with your issue. My MS3 is riding on a new set of Pirelli Pzero's that Wheel Medic installed and got balanced out.

What did you say to them? I noticed in your later post that you found they were defective without a roadforce balance. They told me they needed all of the roadforce numbers, the name of the shop, the tech's ssn and urine sample, you name it. The people I dealt with never gave me the option of purchasing different tires (which I would gladly do) and returning my old ones. They said the only thing they could do was call BfGoodrich and see if they would warranty the 3 bad tires.

The first set was roadforced by Dave when he was at NTB downtown and determined bad. Second set was not roadforced, but the car had no vib. issues before new tires, and is barely driveable now. After a second visit to the tire shop, the balance was determined good (I watched them, I'm not an idiot) and there is a very pronounced wobble/out of roundness. There is at least 1/4" of side to side movement on the sidewalls of 3 tires (not to mention up and down movement of the tread) which I'm confident is causing my issue. My issue is with Tire Rack and the unprofessional attitude of their people (have spoken to several), as well as their resistance to do anything about the issue. Both sets of tires were installed by their "recommended installers", and then today they tell me the installers don't know what they're doing.

Ask for there corporate # and or there supervisor. Go straight to the top.

Is what I recommend.

Ask for there corporate # and or there supervisor. Go straight to the top.

Is what I recommend.

I think it is probably going to come to that. Very frustrating to say the least. I think in the future it would just be easier to buy local, even it costs a bit more.

What did you say to them? I noticed in your later post that you found they were defective without a roadforce balance. They told me they needed all of the roadforce numbers, the name of the shop, the tech's ssn and urine sample, you name it. The people I dealt with never gave me the option of purchasing different tires (which I would gladly do) and returning my old ones. They said the only thing they could do was call BfGoodrich and see if they would warranty the 3 bad tires.

I talked with Britney. Yeah....Britney...young, page-turner type gal. I thought :rolleyes::mad: initially. This was on a Thursday.

She too said she'd have to call Goodyear, but wasn't hopeful. I was not happy but very polite and just told her that regardless of what they said, I was expecting Tire Rack to make the situation "right" if the tires were indeed bad as faulty tires are not my fault. At that point I had yet to visit Wheel Medic. I made her very aware that I was doing all I could to verify it was not a bent wheel, etc.

I called back on Monday and told her the findings. She put me on hold, then came back and said no problem, let me tell you the options. The options were they would either pay shipping on the returned tires by sending me Fed Ex labels or pay the install. I chose shipping as Wheel Medic's install and balance was the less expensive of the two.

I never had to produce any documentation, but did tell her that I would if needed. I have her extension # at work and will try and post it here later today.

I think it is probably going to come to that. Very frustrating to say the least. I think in the future it would just be easier to buy local, even it costs a bit more.

I agree. Most will match or come close to the pricing. NTB on Sawmill came real close to matching the costs for our Minivan but the manager then also included road hazard and lifetime balancing.

I need to get these rebalanced too :mad:

I'm not at sawmill, I got transferred to Brice Rd....

I hope I was not the person that said they would only "try"

You and two other people I know that were there are all transferred :mad: I was like WTF :confused: Oh well, that's life.

No, it wasn't you. The second visit just resulted in them saying that the wheels were balanced correctly now and that I should try it out and come back if needed.

I wouldn't have been so frustrated if their hours of operation were different. I think Sawmill closes at like 6pm. which is tough for me to get there by that time. When I purchased tires for the van I chose NTB because they are open much later and I can get there after work when needed.

Funny, I had a similar situation and Sawmill Discount Tire hooked me up:

1. Against my better judgement decided to try out the new Eagle GT's, got a good deal from tire-rack shipped.

2. Took them to Sawmill and had them road-forced and mounted. (I always road-force)

During the balance, the machine found (no exaggeration) "excessive vibrations" which it in no way could even remotely correct with a rotation ect.

3. On the spot, Discount Tire gave me the number to Goodyear, the roadforce numbers ect. I called them up, gave them the info, then handed the phone to the Discount Tire rep who then credited me 100% of what I paid to TIRERACK towards the purchase of tires in their store.

4. Grabbed some KDW2's and have been happy every since.

This is just one of the reasons they are always my first choice for tires..