BWR on Broad St. Shut Down (Helath Dept)

KennyFKINPowerz

So I heard from a friend that knows a waitress at Buffalo Wings and Rings on Broad St. And she said the Health Dept shut them down, but their sign says remodeling. HMMMMM Anyone know anything about that? We fricken love that place and go there like once a week.

http://www.decadeonline.com/insp.phtml?agency=COL&violsortfield=section_number&record_id=PR0023673

# 3717-1-02.2©

Violation: Food employee(s) did not wash hands in situations that specifically require them to do so.

Correction: Food employees shall clean their hands and exposed portions of their arms with soap and warm running water immediately before engaging in food preparation, before putting on single-use gloves for working with food, before handling unwrapped single-use articles, clean equipment and utensils, and other activities as described in the O.A.C. §3717-1-2.2©.

Comments: OBSERVED EMPLOYEE GLOVE WITHOUT WASHING HANDS BEFORE GLOVING.

Status: Not Corrected - Further action required with a follow-up inspection

# 3717-1-02.4(B)

Violation: The person in charge was unable to demonstrate the necessary food safety knowledge.

Correction: The person in charge shall demonstrate to the licensor the applicable knowledge of foodborne disease prevention, application of the hazard analysis and critical control point principles, and the requirements of the Ohio Uniform Food Safety Code.

Comments: DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CRITICAL AND NON-CRITICAL VIOLATIONS, FOOD EMPLOYEE AND MANAGEMENT FAILED TO DEMONSTRATE FOOD SAFETY KNOWLEDGE.

# 3717-1-03.4(F)(1)(b)

Violation: Time/temperature controlled for safety foods were being held temperatures above 41 °F (5 °C).

Correction: Hold time/temperature controlled for safety cold foods at 41 °F (5 °C) or below.

Comments: OBSERVED COOKED AND COOLED CHICKEN WINGS AT 77F. WINGS WERE STORED IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER WITH A CONTAINER OF WATER UNDER THE WING CONTAINER.

# 3717-1-04.4(N)

Violation: A chemical sanitizer is being improperly used or is not listed as an approved sanitizer in 21 C.F.R. 178.1010.

Correction: A chemical sanitizer used in a sanitizing solution for a manual or mechanical operation shall be used in accordance with the E.P.A.-approved manufacturer's label use instructions.

Comments: OBSERVED 0PPM OF BLEACH IN DISH MACHINE. BLEACH SANITIZER MUST BE 50PPM. CORRECTED DURING INSPECTION.

Status: Corrected - No further action required - violation corrected at time of inspection

# 3717-1-04.6(B)

Violation: Utensils and food-contact surfaces of equipment were not sanitized before use after cleaning.

Correction: To prevent contamination of food, food-contact surfaces, equipment, and utensils shall be sanitized after cleaning.

Comments: OBSERVED UTENSILS AND FOOD-CONTACT SURFACES NOT BEING SANITIZED DUE TO DISH MACHINE. RECOMMEND FREQUENT MONITORING AND SANITIZER LOG.

# 3717-1-07.1©(2)(a)

Violation: Poisonous or toxic materials are being used in a manner that could be hazardous to people.

Correction: Poisonous or toxic substances shall be applied so that they do not constitute a hazard to employees or other persons.

Comments: OBSERVED BLEACH SANITIZER IN A SPRAY BOTTLE AT CONCENTRATION GREATER THAN 100PPM (NEEDS TO BE AT 50PPM)

Those are some pretty serious violations IMO.

The dishes weren't being washed for Christ sake, only rinsed. I'm glad after reading that report, they were shut down.

Believe me, those violations really aren't that bad compared to some of the other restaurants out there. Sad but true.

And regarding the unsanitary utensils, even if they were washed thoroughly with soap and water, the health department will say utensils aren't "sanitized" unless you add bleach. Not trying to defend the restaurant but it might not be as bad as it sounds.

Yeah, I was going to add, it sounds like the dishes were washed just not "sanitized." When I worked at Kroger in the meat department there was soap and sanitizer. Sanitizer was this pinkish/light red liquid that would mix with water and you just let stuff soak in it after it was washed.

Yeah, I was going to add, it sounds like the dishes were washed just not "sanitized." When I worked at Kroger in the meat department there was soap and sanitizer. Sanitizer was this pinkish/light red liquid that would mix with water and you just let stuff soak in it after it was washed.

If you go to the website I posted, it shows that the report I posted was a follow up inspection from May. So while the infractions may not be terrible, they are like a strike 2.