Tuning/shift point???

BlackMess

Well I've put quite a few miles on the mess and have a few question. On a hard acceleration the car bangs the rev limiter before it shifts. It also will only downshift at 40 mph. I can't get the damn thing to downshift on the highway unless its a 40 roll! Is the only way to correct this with hptuners??? Don't really have the $500.00 to get this thing retuned but man is she an absolute dog on the highway!

I assume you basically have a Camaro drivetrain/computer in your car from the little bit of reading about your car. If that's the case, then yes the computer controlls all the shifting for your transmission. Sounds like the shift points are set too high. This can be fixed with any tuning software, but it's the only way to fix it assuming the tranny isn't damaged in some way.

In short you'd need to log the car to be postive it's the tune and not a worn tranny, but most likley tuning would fix it.

I assume you basically have a Camaro drivetrain/computer in your car from the little bit of reading about your car. If that's the case, then yes the computer controlls all the shifting for your transmission. Sounds like the shift points are set too high. This can be fixed with any tuning software, but it's the only way to fix it assuming the tranny isn't damaged in some way.

In short you'd need to log the car to be postive it's the tune and not a worn tranny, but most likley tuning would fix it.

+1

Check your VSS/input shaft values. If your cluster is correct, but the Vehicle Speed (SAE) PID is wrong, chances are the improper speed is being reported to the PCM, screwing the shifts.

Good place to start would be crafting a config file in HP Tuners with trans related items and getting a few scans.