Running at altitude

Scotty2Hotty

One, I hope you've quit smoking. As with any thraining, you have condition yourself to it. If you run 3 miles in 20 minutes there, you will find it easier to run that same distance here. I'm still suprized you made it 2 miles. Lol.

One, I hope you've quit smoking. As with any thraining, you have condition yourself to it. If you run 3 miles in 20 minutes there, you will find it easier to run that same distance here. I'm still suprized you made it 2 miles. Lol.

Unfortunately haven't quit, but I don't smoke nearly as much as I did. I looked into my records and found my PT test was over a year old. I decided to take one for shits n' giggles, and went 15:48 on my 2 mile. Nothing amazing, but going outside on the track compared to inside on the treadmill were 2 different stories. There's a few points we operate at in the 10-14K altitude range which will kick anyone's ass. I like having plenty of mags and 40mm grenades on me at all times.

why are you running? just turn around and shoot whatever is chasing you!

:lol: I don't run from a fight. Run for the cardio goodness and for my PT test.

There was a big push to do PT in MOP 4 recently....and it quickly died out after they tried it.

We did that before I left for Iraq. They figured a mask run was excellent exercise. I prefered the vest with plates run over the MOPP 4 run personally. Gotta say, doing the mountain climb and rucking a little bit, helps out.

8,000+ FT above sea level sucks my ass. 3 miles alone is enough to make your lungs feel like they're going to explode. Not to mention, I lost over a minute on my normal 2 mile run. Can't wait to get back to clean, sea level air.

Keep training in that altitude and you will be amazed how fast you are at sea level. Your red blood cell count will drastically increase and allow better oxygen transport and use-age!

NCAA runners frequently move to Colorado above 5000 ft during the summer to get the increased blood cell count, then they come back for Cross Country season and destroy everyone in the fall. Some are freaks enough to buy an altitude tent to simulate altitude when they get home to regular sea level.

NCAA runners frequently move to Colorado above 5000 ft during the summer to get the increased blood cell count, then they come back for Cross Country season and destroy everyone in the fall. Some are freaks enough to buy an altitude tent to simulate altitude when they get home to regular sea level.

gonzalez from OSU has one of those tents