02 suburban wont start

HAOLE

Yesterday on the way to church the door lock started trying to lock while driving 35 and the horn honked at the same time. It did the same thing on the way home from church yesterday. So I pulled the battery and had it tested. it was tested as good. So I pull the alternator and have it tested and it test as a bad stator. So I order a new alternator and put it on tonight along with a new a/c belt (the a/c belt is a separate belt from the serpentine).

Now the truck wont start after reassembly. It tried to start the first time I cranked then stumbled and wont restart. I have checked every connection I can see that could have got bumped but I don't see anything that is loose.

Any ideas?

Try pulling the battery cables off and holding them together for a few minutes, I'm not making this up.

I smell bs here, but I will be a fool and try it:p

Horn and door locks kind of sound security related. Ignition kill seems like it could be related to security as well. Probably a long shot, but does this truck have the factory magnet in the key deal?

EDIT - reading owns me. Didn't read Scott's post above me.

Check what the security light is doing, and the battery cable trick has worked in the past on similar trucks. Wish it could have been that simple.

I dont have a security light showing. I did check for spark and I have plenty of that. I can hear the fuel pump running for a few seconds when I turn the key on. I just pulled the neg terminal and I am going to let it sit overnight, maybe I just have fouled plugs.:confused:

Horn and door locks kind of sound security related. Ignition kill seems like it could be related to security as well. Probably a long shot, but does this truck have the factory magnet in the key deal?

EDIT - reading owns me. Didn't read Scott's post above me.

yes it does

I got up early this morning and tried to start it again. No luck. I know it has spark because I pulled a plug and seen the spark with my own eyes. I put a fuel pressure gauge on it this morning and I have 55 psi, so its not the fuel pump. My guess is since the battery was out of it over night it forgot the key memory? (The security light is not on.)

I got it started. I put my foot to the floor and eventually it started up but with a huge cloud of smoke from unburned gas. I drove it down the street and it was really rough running. I left it out side idling for now, I will try another test drive in a little bit.