Issues with Windows DVD Makers

TimTaylor751647545500

So I've pieced together a little video for my fiance's family reunion using my JVC digital video camera. Edited everything using Windows Movie Maker which went very smoothly as did the burning of the movie onto a Memorex DVD+R disc using the Windows DVD Maker program. When played back on the TV + DVD player, the menu works fine, the video and audio are fine until a good 7-10 minutes into the video where the video become choppy, pixelated, and the whole thing just freezes up. I've burned 3 Memorex DVD+R's now, thinking that it may have been a bad disc, but all 3 have had the same issue. From what I'm reading, the DVD+R's I'm using may not be high-quality enough, but I'm not certain that's the case. Any suggestions?

The video does play fine on the computer BEFORE burning it to the disk... Right?

try rebooting your computer just before you burn the disks, also close out EVERYTHING else during the burning process. i would also suggest slowing down the burn speed. Hope that helps!

The skipping is only happening when it's played on a DVD player, but I'll try it there too.

Some DVD players are real picky on the type of media they can read. Try google the make and model of the player with DVD+R issues. You might find out the problem :D

Well, the slower burn speed did a good job of keeping the pixelation gone, but the freezing is worse than before. I think I just need to go get some better DVD's...maybe DVD-R's instead of DVD+R.

Verbatims. Go to microcenter they always have them in stock. I only use Verbatims ;)

what kind of machine are you doing your video editing on? it could be your PC just doesn't have enough horse power to compile this.... I would disable virus scan, make sure nothing is running in the back ground and try again.

I've tried them on 3 different DVD players. Same results on all 3.

defiantly sounds like the DVD's u are using causing the problem. i would suggest a different DVD-R weather it's + or -, i have had good luck with the verbatim discs myself as well!

what kind of machine are you doing your video editing on? it could be your PC just doesn't have enough horse power to compile this.... I would disable virus scan, make sure nothing is running in the back ground and try again.

the video has been compiled and it runs fine before it's burnt to a dvd, so the editing is not causing the problem.

Guest tbutera2112
sounds like your burner is messed up and not burning all the way through, hope thats not the problem, but when i had a problem with mine, everybody yelled "your blanks are junk, go buy expensive ones" and then i found out its the burner and not the discs at all

the video has been compiled and it runs fine before it's burnt to a dvd, so the editing is not causing the problem.

you do realize that the videos get converted to DVD format from WMV or AVI or whatever the other format is don't you?

I would say it is because your using a PC....lol

http://braddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/imac.jpg

jk

I would switch DVD brands. From what I know, it should not really matter anymore if you buy +/- DVD. Current burners and player will accept either one.

If you try that and it does not work take the file on an external drive to another comp and see if it works there.

If that fails then you have a bad file. When all this fails buy a Mac.

you do realize that the videos get converted to DVD format from WMV or AVI or whatever the other format is don't you?

not necessarily. Most dvd players can play AVI. he didn't say anything about converting it, no my knowledge he was burning the AVI to the DVD.

that brings up a good point, are you actually converting this video to DVD or just burning the file onto the DVD and playing it that way?

my guess is converting it to DVD since there are alot of dvd players that accept divx now, but not all

• 3 weeks later...