Private Schools - FUCK!

KillJoy

We are wanting to send our Kiddo to a private school since I feel Columbus Public's is LACKING, to say the least. Most all of them are are NEAR us, are Church / Religion Based.

Get this kicker from the closest to us:

Parents/Guardians must be in agreement with the philosophy and policies of the school and must be striving to live a godly life, demonstrating those intentions by committing to provide spiritual training for their children as well as for themselves through identification with a local church.

We are fucked.

Why the hell do my Wife and I have to believe in god for our daughter to go to a religion based school? They will get to brain-wash her there.... why do I have to do it at home???

:wtf:

KillJoy

Guest tbutera2112
just lie and say youre a member of a local church...if its not good enough, go once, sign up to be an official member, and then dont go back anymore

We are wanting to send our Kiddo to a private school since I feel Columbus Public's is LACKING, to say the least. Most all of them are are NEAR us, are Church / Religion Based.

Get this kicker from the closest to us:

We are fucked.

Why the hell do my Wife and I have to believe in god for our daughter to go to a religion based school? They will get to brain-wash her there.... why do I have to do it at home???

KillJoy

Here is why.

The people of the church that support that school have the right to refuse service to you. To go to that school is not a right like a public school, they have standards. Why would I send my kid to a school to have a godly education and they allow you, a non-believer, that has different values and morals to send your kids there. I would not allow my kids to go to school with kids that don't believe in God and the blood that was shed on calvary.

The better question is..... If your a non believer why would you want your kids to go to a school with a bunch of Jesus freaks? You know they may get converted to be blood bought Christians. Wouldn't that just screw you up!

If you dont like it home school your kids. Simple answer.

If your a non believer why would you want your kids to go to a school with a bunch of Jesus freaks? You know they may get converted to be blood bought Christians. Wouldn't that just screw you up!

.... because my Wife and I agree that it is HER right to choose what she wants to believe in. ;)

We both went to Church as children, and we do NOT feel there being any negative influence for her doing so in her younger years. Hell, she goes with my Parents' to their Church now, and to the Sitter's Church one day a week for "Mon's Day Out".

KillJoy

There are good Columbus Public Schools. Let me know if you want more info.

I went there and look at how I turned out! :)

Uhhh.... HOPEFULLY you have been out FOR AT LEAST 10 years.... so.... not a good Case Example ;)

KillJoy

.... because my Wife and I agree that it is HER right to choose what she wants to believe in. ;)

We both went to Church as children, and we do NOT feel there being any negative influence for her doing so in her younger years. Hell, she goes with my Parents' to their Church now, and to the Sitter's Church one day a week for "Mon's Day Out".

KillJoy

Then you are confusing her. By sending her to church and not leading by that example your creating a situation where she is wondering why mommy and daddy don't go. If it is a good place for her to go, why don't you go with her?

Your job as a parent is to lead by example. Sending them to church and you not going with is like telling you kids not to smoke as you suck on a fag yourself.

I have to say, it is your right to choose what you do or don't want to believe in, but like has been said before those are private schools so they also have the right to choose who they do and don't want going to them.

Then you are confusing her. By sending her to church and not leading by that example your creating a situation where she is wondering why mommy and daddy don't go. If it is a good place for her to go, why don't you go with her?

Your job as a parent is to lead by example. Sending them to church and you not going with is like telling you kids not to smoke as you suck on a fag yourself.

Meh.... do as I say, not as I do.

Sounds familiar in MANY Churches!

:D

We are just wanting her to get the BEST education she can, and want to experience all she can without bias. I (we) will never discourage her in anything she want to do in life (within reason).

I sure am glad I became a Member of a Church when I was 18. I am STILL on the books!!! :D

KillJoy

Does the school have bad reviews? The school my daughter goes to has excellent reviews but I want to donkey kick her teacher in her nose cheeks. I spent the last school year doing 90% of the teachers job for her.

Does the school have bad reviews? The school my daughter goes to has excellent reviews but I want to donkey kick her teacher in her nose cheeks. I spent the last school year doing 90% of the teachers job for her.

I thought you guys were Hilliard???

KillJoy

PS - So.... the school is NOT teaching what the school should???

ummmmm.... wut?

I went to Tree of Life christian school and it wasnt bad. There were alot of non-christians that attended the school and they were treated no different and not neccessarily 'pressured' to convert or anything. But there was a bible class that everyone had to take every year and every other wed we had chapel, which was always boring.

When i transfered to Worthington kilbourne they took the bible class credits as history class credits.

Oh and if your thinking of Columbus city schools charter schools DONT! My sister in law has/is working in one and she says their terrible. Last year they let 6 teachers go 3 weeks into the school year and let teachers aide's teach the children for the rest of the year b/c it was cheaper.... these aides had little if any post HS education's themselves. most had just associates degree's. Just an FYI

I thought you guys were Hilliard???

KillJoy

PS - So.... the school is NOT teaching what the school should???

We are.. The principal is great, my sons last 3 teachers were excellent, my daughters teacher... not so much. I found out that she had my daughter in the back of the room sitting with her back to the teacher for a month. I figured she punched a kid or something.. nope, she sat on her knees instead of Indian style while they were reading one day :wtf:

My mother in law that has a phd in education went as far as sitting in the class for a week. Her evaluation in a nutshell was the teacher had no business teaching 2nd graders. We reported her and asked for a teacher change but nothing ever happened from it. I was more happy than the kids were when the school year ended. We had over 12 meetings with the teachers and principal... The principal followed through on every action plan.. the teacher didnt on a single one. Ultimately I spent up to 3 hours every night going over what was taught in class to assure my daughter understood it (see why I had no time for car meets :lol:). Hearing her tell me constantly that she thinks the teacher hated her (from a 7 year old) made me want to do the private school thing myself. I just kept saying, "She doesnt hate you shes just expects a lot more of you than everyone else because she sees promise in you." When shes a little older I'll let her know her teacher was a loser...

Ok, back to you...

Be careful... You could end up paying for a great school and getting a not so great teacher..

I've gone to Catholic schools most of my life. There is no brain washing. Trust me. I went to school with plenty of atheists and agnostics.

This is the truth. I'd say if anything, especially in Religion class, there's more discussion on the Religion aspect, than believing in it. It wasn't believe this or die, there were good debates on certain aspects and faith aswell. I will admit I was ahead of the ball game for most the college classes I've taken thanks to going to a school like Bishop Watterson.

I will admit I was ahead of the ball game for most the college classes I've taken thanks to going to a school like Bishop Watterson.

Same here..started out at placement level 3 math courses at OU, after just being 1 year ahead at UA.

Schools do make all the difference in the world I guess. My friend goes to lincoln tech in indianapolis, he says there are kids there that can't read.