Risky Devils...Good street fun

Flybye

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of lazy Sunday afternoons, there was another drift video that I thought was titled something like that. It started off with a bunch of shots of the roads/abandoned parking lot that the guys would drift in later in the video. Very wooded area I believe. Anyone know the video I'm talking about? Lol.

Maybe you should try going through a corner properly, then you'll get the real picture.

I remember my first firsthand experience with drifting. Two weeks ago at BeaveRun for a NASA event, real racing for those that are not familiar with NASA, I overcooked the entry to turn four. I had options of what to do, go straight off, two feet in and spin, or hang the tail out and try to gather it up in the short straight leading into turn five, I choose the last option. Feeding in a healthy amount of countersteer and throttle I soon noticed tire smoke in my peripheral vision out of the driverside window. It was at this time I thought to myself, "So this is drifting... this is fucking gay, I just tacked on a second or more to my laptime."

This is true but sideways can be fun. This is why i enjoyed rallyx so much.

^ exactly.... drag racing is easy when you are piloting a 13-14 sec slow car...

I enjoy drag racing but i think I'm going to enjoy road racing more. I even enjoy watching it. Drag racing bores the hell out of me to watch.

I love the fact that people think drag racing is so easy. There are a handful of people on CR that could wheel a really fast drag car without wrecking or craping in their pants.

Im the only one that said anything about going straight and I never said it wasn't hard. I have been in and around drag racing and circle track cars my whole life. I was just stating that im new to drifting and that I wish I would have caught onto it sooner.

Im the only one that said anything about going straight and I never said it wasn't hard. I have been in and around drag racing and circle track cars my whole life. I was just stating that im new to drifting and that I wish I would have caught onto it sooner.

I know you have been around a few forms of motorsports :) I thought that there was someone else who was pulling the whole drag racing is easy an boring card. Must have only been on my 2nd cup of coffee.

Now are you really going to stick an LSX in that 240? That will be some HP to LBS right there...

I know you have been around a few forms of motorsports :) I thought that there was someone else who was pulling the whole drag racing is easy an boring card. Must have only been on my 2nd cup of coffee.

Now are you really going to stick an LSX in that 240? That will be some HP to LBS right there...

Its all good brotatoe...

And yes that has been the plans since getting the car. I just wanted to have fun with what motor was in it now. I just figure I might as well jump on it now if I can. :cool: