2007 and up G6's

armin922

So tell me what you think of them. Any major problems to look out for? My buddy is looking to buy between those years a g6 gt or a g6 gxp. The gxp is an 08 with about 70k miles. A little high but if its highway driven and gets the carfax and everything comes back good and if he can get it for 9k out the door maybe a good deal? But i would just like to know more about them if any of you have had any experiences. Pros and cons? Thanks btw im not sure if it matters but the g6gt is a sedan and the g6gxp is a coupe

by 45k plan on

outer tie rods

lower ball joints(whole control arm assemblies)

shocks/struts leaking

loose sway bar links

intermediate steering shaft clunk

30k miles per set of tires

I didn't think gm could top the grand am as far as horrid reliability but they did it

I have a 2007 GT and have had to buy 1 RH lower control arm and two front tires. I only replaced the tires because they were the shitty continental's from the factory. BTW the car has 53,000 miles. It has been a good car for my wife and son, although I wish it did get somewhat better fuel mileage. We average about 22 town/ 28 hwy