Remember this video from a while back? Heres the ongoing story...pretty interesting.

oh8sti

This "illegal monitoring" seems like the best way to protect yourself from abuse of power and people brandishing firearms (or tasers). I'd say the fact that the camera was in plain view means the rider wasn't violating the spirit of the rule. They're probably just trying to scare the rider and make an example of him. If I'm a citizen of that state I don't want the state's attorney prosecuting this waste of time.

I have to point out - he kept his weapon near what we call the "low ready". you could consider it the defacto in procedures everywhere by countless forces to assume hostile, but not engage directly until you can get better judgement on the threat you may face (or you take fire).

Bottom line: the muzzle never entered the path of the rider, only low & ready.

I have to point out - he kept his weapon near what we call the "low ready". you could consider it the defacto in procedures everywhere by countless forces to assume hostile, but not engage directly until you can get better judgement on the threat you may face (or you take fire).

Bottom line: the muzzle never entered the path of the rider, only low & ready.

Which is the 1st thing I notice when a gun gets pulled on me. Or what we call the "sideways steady", another option in the defacto in procedures.

And to the common citizen... They see a gun and think "Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

Maybe if you were at "gun point" when its pointed at you. Alarmed, yes, Defensive, no. Without the ability to holster the sidearm, what would you do if you were the officer -- hope you don't have to defend yourself?

If someone pulls a gun on me, even if it's not pointed at me, I'm drawing and aiming it at them. Unless it's a cop....that announces that he is a cop right away. The issue to me isn't that he drew his gun, it's that he didn't announce who he was.

Drop a gear and disappear. fuck that cop. Lucky the guy on the bike wasnt packing. Imagine that scenario...

Shit woulda been out of control.

I agree i would have just ran. Honestly he had no way of knowing that was a cop in the first place there are plunty of people that are not undercovers and cops for that matter that drive crown vics around columbus. To those saying he had the gun in a safe position that really doesn't matter. Twice I have had guns pulled on me and trust me pointed at the ground, sky or in your face it doesn't matter its a little nerve racking either way. I would assume that the cop was off duity at the time and they are just saying he was a in plain attire to allow this arrest to stick for the time being because they want to set an example as others have already said. Honestly here is what I would do. 1. Get the best attorney money can buy and fight the case cause everyone knows money talks and if you get a very good person to represent you, you will more than likely get off. 2. File a civil suite with that same attorney and take them for all the money they are worth in emotional damages and win. 3. Take a long vacation with the money you just won in the civil suite ha ha.

If someone pulls a gun on me, even if it's not pointed at me, I'm drawing and aiming it at them. Unless it's a cop....that announces that he is a cop right away. The issue to me isn't that he drew his gun, it's that he didn't announce who he was.

Attention criminals! Just announce that you're a cop!

Who the F does that cop think he is? That cop is lucky as hell he wasn't shot, and the rider would have been in every right do shoot him. Running someone off the road and drawing a gun... ? Sounds like it's time to shoot first to me!

maybe you watched a different vid. the cyclist was never ran off the road he was at a stop and the cop came up in front of him and blocked him the only thing he did wrong (the cop) is he should have Identified himself as soon has he got out of the car.

maybe you watched a different vid. the cyclist was never ran off the road he was at a stop and the cop came up in front of him and blocked him the only thing he did wrong (the cop) is he should have Identified himself as soon has he got out of the car.

And you know...maybe not pulled a fucking gun out...

Guest tbutera2112
And you know...maybe not pulled a fucking gun out...

the guy began to back away from the cop, that warrants the cop pulling out his weapon....at that point, the bike itself becomes a weapon...no different than someone in a car moving towards or backing away from an officer...the gun never left his side, its not like he drew it an pointed it at the guy