Options for built T56?

Richard Cranium

Who here has a built T56, and where did you get it? The only two options I know of right now are Tick Performance for a build, or get one of the new T56 Magnums. This is for my 95 LT1 Camaro. My current T56 has 140k on the clock. I have bumped the motor to 383 and right now she is putting down 355 and 370 at the rear wheels. Once we put in the 9 inch, a good clutch, nitrous (at least a 100 shot) and slicks I don't think it'll hold up. I'd rather be proactive and replace it before it breaks, preferably this winter when the 9 inch goes in.

i had my trans built by six speed inc but they are no longer around and i broke that one, so the one in my car now was built by tracey scott at cincy speed. but i would say go to D&D in michigan, they are a sponsor on tech. or use tick they are very good as well.

Don't want to go auto. I like my 6 speed. Would an auto be more consistent? Yeah, but not as much fun.

Zach, I have heard the term faceplating, but I do not know what that means.

Sounds like RPM gets the nod, but I'll look into the others as options too. I appreciate the feedback.

I know quite a few people including myself who have been very happy with him.

The only person out of Cincy I'd stay away from is Tracey Scott since he had my car for almost a year, and I found out he was out drag racing my car while he had it... when asking him about it, he told me he was "breaking it in" I did however get it back in good condition minus the crusted leaf stains all over my paint.... but drag racing a customer's car is unacceptable.

The guy at RPM told me that the way mine was built, it would handle beating on it to about 550 wheel. After that I would have needed the better output shaft and gears to go with it. I think he was telling me that the GM 6-speeds come with the better output shaft from the factory, but I don't know about the gears.

I know quite a few people including myself who have been very happy with him.

The only person out of Cincy I'd stay away from is Tracey Scott since he had my car for almost a year, and I found out he was out drag racing my car while he had it... when asking him about it, he told me he was "breaking it in" I did however get it back in good condition minus the crusted leaf stains all over my paint.... but drag racing a customer's car is unacceptable.

i have tracey has been tuning my car for years, and i highly doubt he was out abusing a customers car outside of whats necessary. anyway he works for cincy speed now, and i know that would not fly there. like i said ask around cincy and see who has the reputation as the one to stay away from.

and most places wont warranty a t56 past 700ft lbs, i think i saw someone say 800 with the viper output, which will be my next mod. but they say they can handle more just dont warranty them for anymore. as far as how long they hold up all just depends on the amount of abuse you put them though. the only reason my trans from 6speed inc broke was bc my driveshaft came apart and i had been beating the hell out of it for over 2 yrs at 550+ hp

i have tracey has been tuning my car for years, and i highly doubt he was out abusing a customers car outside of whats necessary. anyway he works for cincy speed now, and i know that would not fly there. like i said ask around cincy and see who has the reputation as the one to stay away from.

and most places wont warranty a t56 past 700ft lbs, i think i saw someone say 800 with the viper output, which will be my next mod. but they say they can handle more just dont warranty them for anymore. as far as how long they hold up all just depends on the amount of abuse you put them though. the only reason my trans from 6speed inc broke was bc my driveshaft came apart and i had been beating the hell out of it for over 2 yrs at 550+ hp

saw a video of it brotha... can't remember who sent it to me and I don't even have it anymore, but a buddy of mine from AIM sent it to me when he told me he saw my car out being raced.

**Edit: we need to get back on track...