Warped Rotor debate

Aaron

Do I have enough "experience" to have this debate? Probably not.

I believe this article. I believe that pads melt onto the rotors.

I also have heard that excess heat, and improper lug nut tq causes the rotors to warp.

Do I have any scientific proof of either? No

Do you guys? None has been presented. Not 1 picture, nothing but opinions as of now.

Contrary to what some of my posts might have implied, I do believe that heat, improper tq and pad transfer are ALL responsible for warped rotors. I simply wanted a discussion on the matter.

I won't lie, I do and will continue to believe that pad transfer contributes to the majority of warped rotors until a picture, or personal evidence is provided. You guys can call it hard headedness or me retarded all you want. Is it really a big deal that I expect more than personal testimonials as my proof?

The front rotors on my GTI were warped. I will be taking them down to o'reileys sometime this week to see what we come up with. I will take pictures and post my findings.

Almost everybody in here needs a few beers or some alone time with lotion asap. Its a discussion, grow up.

Fag.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to add that everyone who said that the pads DON'T melt onto the rotor are JUST as wrong as everyone is telling me I am.

Sinister ss

littleguy

evilnotch

habitual sinner

ta in progress

haole

crossle

And to those that don't understand how you can melt brake pad material onto the rotor and still yield a thinner than factory rotor, think harder.

wayne

crossle

Not likely as I invested in some real brakes...:gtfo:

You'll just warp this new set of OEM rotors just as fast as the first ones due to your poor habits, and improper heat cycling.

Dude, you got bigger rotors, and pads. lol

I hope your stock rubber lines blow out :)

I would also like to add that everyone who said that the pads DON'T melt onto the rotor are JUST as wrong as everyone is telling me I am.

Sinister ss

littleguy

evilnotch

habitual sinner

ta in progress

haole

crossle

And to those that don't understand how you can melt brake pad material onto the rotor and still yield a thinner than factory rotor, think harder.

wayne

crossle

i would like to point out that i'm not on either list because i'm that awesome.

p.s. alot of gm rotors grow or get thicker. this is caused by rust though.

p.p.s. i would also like to point out that i have solved the problem as to why heads on engines warp (iron and aluminum) and need machined to correct it. its the brake pads, those stupid brake pads are transfering material to the cylinder heads and warping them!!!

p.p.s. i would also like to point out that i have solved the problem as to why heads on engines warp (iron and aluminum) and need machined to correct it. its the brake pads, those stupid brake pads are transfering material to the cylinder heads and warping them!!!

Incorrect again, it's the head gaskets causing material transfer, DUH.

Double Post PS:

Everybody in this thread can agree that both scenario's can happen. I was hoping Aaron would get off his vaginal juice stained soapbox, but hell we don't always get what we want. But hell this is what CR is for, arguing.

Back to your regularly scheduled idiocy.

Good thing certain people have left this forum or this thread would be twice as long with even more retarded posts.

I still think that no matter what has caused braking problems the fix is the same and this argument is a huge waste of time.

I got larger 2 piece slotted rotors with directional veins which also weigh 10lbs less a corner and have held up remarkably well. I'm very happy.

FAG

Agreed on all counts! Especially the warped heads!

You are much better at explaining your thoughts than I am and you have the experience I lack.

Thanks for contributing.

Incorrect again, it's the head gaskets causing material transfer, DUH.

I hate you!!! VAG COM my car bitch!!!!

Double Post PS:

Everybody in this thread can agree that both scenario's can happen. I was hoping Aaron would get off his vaginal juice stained soapbox, but hell we don't always get what we want. But hell this is what CR is for, arguing.

Back to your regularly scheduled idiocy.

I have stepped off the soapbox. Thanks for your time.

I love how at the beginning of the thread you said you were open to opposing views and called this a debate, yet you only cite one article from one person. You would make a great politician.

CHANGE!

I posted up an article I thought was interesting, nothing more. I was hoping it would spark a conversation, and it did.

Edited by Aaron

Good thing certain people have left this forum or this thread would be twice as long with even more retarded posts.

I still think that no matter what has caused braking problems the fix is the same and this argument is a huge waste of time.

No argument on the internet is a waste of time!!!

Sinister ss

littleguy

evilnotch

habitual sinner

ta in progress

haole

crossle

wayne

crossle

You should've actually read my post before adding me to your list. I never said that pads couldn't melt or adhere to the rotor. I was simply reinforcing the fact that a rotor can actually warp, or become untrue.

I have a lathe in the back of my store bring me a rotor from a car with a brake pulsation and I will show you that its warped......

a double steak burrito from chipotle says its warped from the hat all the way to the lip wich would throw the whole pad material stuck to the rotor argument right out the window

Do I have enough "experience" to have this debate? Probably not.

Then, why are you?

Do you guys? None has been presented. Not 1 picture, nothing but opinions as of now.

Not opinions, man. Years of actual, first-hand experience. How has that not sunken in for you yet?

Is it really a big deal that I expect more than personal testimonials as my proof?

Yes. All you have provided is... are you ready for it? One dude's personal testimonial. Not even your own.

The front rotors on my GTI were warped. I will be taking them down to o'reileys sometime this week to see what we come up with. I will take pictures and post my findings.

See man, some in this thread have already been down the road you're heading down for the first time many, many times, and have already done all the learning and researching you're yapping about.

Now, I do agree about needing a beer. There, we agree on something.

http://www.cslacker.com/images/file/mediums/beer_godess.jpg

This thread was almost to stupid to post in. If you honestly think and are arguing the fact that the pad is full on what causes a warped rotor and not heat and cooling of the metal, you need to go to columbus state and take auto 60 and 61....

And last time I looked around it is very ahrd for anyone to be on the side of a Process Administrator vs a auto tech on car repair and diag....

Sorry dont believe everything that is posted on the interenet even if for 10 seconds it kinda makes sense but only if it is saturday and you are hung over