Thoughts.

04silvrz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get on topic, what car suggestion did you make? all you have done is tear apart other peoples posts.

I didn't make another suggestion, because I can't think of another v8 for 20k. I was on topic, just pointing out that, clearly you just don't like mustangs, don't lie and say they are not unique enough. Just be honest and say "I don't like mustangs". If it were me I want a Cobra Replica, those are unique, but go for more than 20k, unless you want to do work and then spend more than 20k.

honestly, i really do like mustangs. i have always liked mustangs. but, it really does seem like I see tons of mustangs. I don't see to many sports cars around Columbus, but if I do it's a mustang. But I rarely see vette's, 350z, evo, sti's.... the 2001 + cobra has everything I want, independent rear suspension, the power, the price... everything. i don't know, maybe I am just being silly about it.

The 03/04 Cobras are one of the quickest, meanest, best-looking performance cars you can get for the money IMO. I don't even put them in the same category as your average Mustang.

Or, for $20k you can build one killer f-body :D

However the cool factor of that car is, you build it too. Always cool to get your hands dirty. I think I have the wife almost convinced that in 5-8 years I am going to build one. I think I want to drop in a Coyote engine in one. So in 5-8 years finding a totaled 2011 Mustang should not be an issue. :)

you won't see many '03/04 cobras rolling around---nor will you see many GTO's either. my question is that you say you want a car with refinement, yet you want a car that can make lots of power with bolt-ons. you can't have both for $20k. you want a refined car (merc/bmw/etc.) and you will pay bigtime for maintenance and modifications, as well as the entry price. you want an american v8 (vette, cobra, gto) and they will not be too refined once the mod bug hits you and you have a loud-ass car with a lopey cam.

my cobra idles like a stocker, has A/C, is still comfortable to drive, and makes 590rwhp all day long. plenty like mine for sale in the low, low 20's---i've got 18k miles on it. anyone that matters will know its not an ordinary mustang, and i wouldn't recommend buying cars to make an impression on other people, unless you're talking about taking business clients out.

However the cool factor of that car is, you build it too. Always cool to get your hands dirty. I think I have the wife almost convinced that in 5-8 years I am going to build one. I think I want to drop in a Coyote engine in one. So in 5-8 years finding a totaled 2011 Mustang should not be an issue. :)

#1 - Do you really think you have what it takes to put one of these together? Your tore your poor Subby up doing a minor repair on it.

#2 - Where do you plan on building said beast? You'll easily fill a 2-3 car garage with just that project, with nothing else in there.

I too plan on building one in several years (my wife wants one...will have to be LSx powered); but that's after building a 2nd garage/shop to build it in.

so, i really like the 2003 - 2004 cobras. they are pretty hard to find in my price range though, that are coupes. There is 1 blue one within 300 miles but, it has 91,000 miles.

how do these things hold up? they need some major stuff at 100k?

you won't see many '03/04 cobras rolling around---nor will you see many GTO's either. my question is that you say you want a car with refinement, yet you want a car that can make lots of power with bolt-ons. you can't have both for $20k. you want a refined car (merc/bmw/etc.) and you will pay bigtime for maintenance and modifications, as well as the entry price. you want an american v8 (vette, cobra, gto) and they will not be too refined once the mod bug hits you and you have a loud-ass car with a lopey cam.

my cobra idles like a stocker, has A/C, is still comfortable to drive, and makes 590rwhp all day long. plenty like mine for sale in the low, low 20's---i've got 18k miles on it. anyone that matters will know its not an ordinary mustang, and i wouldn't recommend buying cars to make an impression on other people, unless you're talking about taking business clients out.

your car is sick! i think i am going to go the 03-04 cobra or C5Z. More likely the cobra, just gotta keep my eye out for one in my price range, color and coupe.

#1 - Do you really think you have what it takes to put one of these together? Your tore your poor Subby up doing a minor repair on it.

#2 - Where do you plan on building said beast? You'll easily fill a 2-3 car garage with just that project, with nothing else in there.

I too plan on building one in several years (my wife wants one...will have to be LSx powered); but that's after building a 2nd garage/shop to build it in.

Yes, I can. And I have the room.

your car is sick! i think i am going to go the 03-04 cobra or C5Z. More likely the cobra, just gotta keep my eye out for one in my price range, color and coupe.

start looking at the classified section on svtperformance.com---easily the largest collection of these cars you'll see for sale. you'll see plenty of these cars that have passed through multiple owners, with multiple set-ups. then you'll see some one-owner examples where the owner is looking to upgrade---usually to a c6z. good luck