How's it goin?!?

miahwood28

I don't see an intercooler? Hell it even looks like your suspension is stock

My bad, I meant everything to the motor. I didn't do this build for speed I had it built for reliability as my everyday driver.

• Upvote 1

I've had the motor rebuilt from the block up. I had the cylinders bored over but I'm not sure how much the shop did it. New pistons and rings as well as new rod bearings. The head was re-surfaced and all valves and springs replaced. I used ARP headsteads and topped it off with a Mugen valve cover to dress it up. I used Megan racing 4 to 1 headers and a Megan High Flow Cat. From cat back I used a Pacesetter Monza Exhaust. I'm not into the huge fart can that most tuners use. I also have an Injen short RAM intake. I did this build so it would last me so I chose not to boost it.

That is not anywhere close to "everything you can imagine". That is called freshening up a beat motor. There is really nothing after market about it other than getting it running 100% again. It should run every so slightly better than it did out of the factory, providing you get a tune and everything was done 100%, otherwise you made it slower.

All that aside, welcome.

Thank you jones... Yes it is fairly close to stock other than a few things I mentioned in the first post. I'm currently looking for another car but not sure what to get. My cousin has a 2000 Camaro SS that he told me was done by SLP but I'm not sure how to validate that? I was talking to him about buying it but the price seemed as bit steep. It has low mileage, around 60k I think, and it has a 6 speed tranny. He tells me he had it on a dyno and it was posting 575HP, but I never saw the dyno slip or heard it from someone other than himself. He wants 15K for it. I like the car but like I said the price is steep.
  • Upvote 1

I've had the motor rebuilt from the block up. I had the cylinders bored over but I'm not sure how much the shop did it.

"Hey Doc...gimme a proctology exam, but don't tell me the results. I want to pay a lot of money to have another guy do stuff to mah insidez and I care NOT what the results are!!!" :lol:

Ah-HEM!!! Excuse me.........welcome to CR! :thumbup: