Ok, so my dog is fast!

944s2

Sorry I just had to make a new thread for this, got to test out my new Endomondo app that I made the other thread about, on a Rollerblade with my dog.

He pulls me on the loop shown in the link which I always figured was about 3 miles (boy was I close lol). Anyway I have always wanted to know how fast we go, the avg speed is off because we made some stops and I didn't pause the program but the top speed is impressive.

21.9 MPH!

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/1664256

-Mike

Sorry I think you have to click on the rollerskating icon on the map at the bottom for todays date to see the rollerskating data.

Edited by 944s2

Dude, some how attach the phone/gps to him and have him chase something... see how fast he is on his own.. would be cool as hell to see!

hmmm good idea, He loves to play fetch with tennis balls, only thing I am worried about is my $600 phone lol.

hmmm good idea, He loves to play fetch with tennis balls, only thing I am worried about is my $600 phone lol.

wrap it in several socks so it's padded and find a way to securely attach it to it's collar so it won't flop around

What kind of dog? I had a speedometer on my bike a few years ago and I was at 23mph with my best friend's doberman right beside me and he was holding back...all this after having already ran 8 miles...

What kind of dog? I had a speedometer on my bike a few years ago and I was at 23mph with my best friend's doberman right beside me and he was holding back...all this after having already ran 8 miles...

Husky/German Shepard mix, we rescued him from Sisca, he is 1 1/2 years old.

Fastest dog I ever had could hit 40mph on a dirt road. She was half Whippet and half Dalmation. She would never ride in the truck and would chase it a little over a mile back to the house from the lake. You couldn't hope to outrun her on a bike. It was a sight to see.

She would chase rabbits and snap their necks/backs on the run with one quick motion as she overtook it. Those who've rabbit hunted know most rabbits make a big circle and will return to where you saw first saw them if you're tracking dogs don't catch it. I'd hold Weezie in wait and when the rabbit came, I sent her for it. It was always over in seconds.