Any (home/renters) insurance adjusters out there? Need some help!

Nate1647545505

Long story short: line broke, lots of water damage. (Lights falling off the ceiling, dry wall seams are heavily bubbled, lost all of my entertainment center)

First time submitting a claim, was told to look at replacement value? Not sure what to submit to the adjuster as my equipment is about a year or two old.

Should I be getting repair quotes?

Am I SOL?

:(

Your post is semi confusing as I'm not who told you to look at replacement value...but if your policy includes replacement cost, then you just go to the store, find the exact or closet match to your TV, xbox, etc etc, until you are whole again. Some policies do not include this and they simply depreciate your items and you would only get that portion.

Sorry to hear man, good luck getting it all cleaned up.

Your post is semi confusing as I'm not who told you to look at replacement value...but if your policy includes replacement cost, then you just go to the store, find the exact or closet match to your TV, xbox, etc etc, until you are whole again. Some policies do not include this and they simply depreciate your items and you would only get that portion.

Sorry to hear man, good luck getting it all cleaned up.

I'm using State Farm, and from talking with the rep, he said use "replacement cost" when talking to the adjuster.

They haven't called yet, but I'm getting the jist

i dont know who my dad was through, but his house he rented got broken into, and they stole a bunch of shit, among it was his laptop. it was an older computer, he said it wasnt worth but maybe $50-100 at that point. he said the insurance company told him either he could get a check for the value of what was stolen or go buy new and they would reimburse him

he went out the next day and spent (i want to say) like $1600 on a brand new macbook air, and they cut him a check for it.